I'm 闹挺:长官在婚礼上 Chief is at the wedding
日期:2013-01-07 17:54

(单词翻译:单击)

Chief is at the wedding 长官在婚礼上


A police stopped a motorist who was speeding on the street.

大街上的一个超速驾驶者被警察拦住了。

"But officer," the man said, "I can explain."

“但是警官”这个人说道?“我可以解释的”。

"Just be quiet," snapped the officer."I'm going to put you in jail until the chief gets back."

“保持安静”警察突然说道。“我将把你送往监狱,直到长官回来。

"But ,officer, I …."

“但是,警察,我”。

"I said to keep quiet! You are going to jail!" A few hours later, the officer looked in on his prisoner and said, "You are lucky because the chief is at his daughter's wedding. He'll be in a good mood when he gets back."

“我说过了保持安静,你要到监狱了。”几小时后,警察向监狱里看了看说道:“算你运气好,因为我们的长官正在他女儿的婚礼上。他将带着一个愉快的心情回来的。”

"Are you sure?" answered the man in the cell. "I'm the groom."

“你确定”在牢房里的这个人说道。“我就是新郎呀”


1.stop

stop to do sth 是停下手上的事去做另一件事

stop doing sth 是停止手上正在做的事


2.speeding

n.超速行驶

speeding在这里作名词使用,表示超速行驶,也可以作speed现在分词,表示加速。

eg:So where you headed? Was I speeding too?

你要去哪里?我有超速吗?


分享到
重点单词
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • prisonern. 囚犯
  • groomn. 马夫,新郎,男仆 vt. 刷洗,照看马,打扮,有意
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱