(单词翻译:单击)
'Hard work' to grow world's largest pumpkin
种出世界上最重的南瓜不容易啊
“I want to introduce Nick and Christy. How did you say your last name?”
“我想介绍一下Nick和Christy。如何称呼你们的姓啊?”
“Harp.”
“Harp, okay. They have grown what is now officially the largest pumpkin in the world. Congratulations. How did you do this?”
“Harp, 好。现在已是正式的了,他们种出了世界上最大的南瓜。祝贺你们!你们是如何做成这件事的呢?”
“We did this with a lot of hard work and a lot of compost and a lot of water.”
“我们做了很多艰苦的劳动,施了很多堆肥,还浇了很多的水。”
“A lot of compost? Aha, so, but, like, like Miracle-Gro, anything like that? No?”
“很多堆肥?噢,那么,像Miracle-Gro,类似的东西,没用过?”
“No chemical fertilizers. We try to keep everything natural, so we’re out there composting coffee grounds, cow manure, leaves.”
“没有化肥。我们试图让一切都遵从自然,所以我们在咖啡地上用牛粪和树叶来做堆肥。”
“How long before it got this big?”
“它长到这么大花了多长的时间呢?”
“In the beginning of July, it could actually fit in my hands.”
“在7月初,它实际上就有我的手这么大了。”
“Are you kidding me?”
“你和我开玩笑吧?”
“So you know this thing is going to be a record breaker?”
“所以你知道这东西会打破纪录?”
“In August, it actually started growing a lot. And in September, I knew I had something special, because it was approaching like 1,600 pounds at that point.”
“在8月份,它实际上开始长大了好多。在9月份的时候,我知道我有了一个了不起的东西因为那时候它已接近1600磅了。”
“So, what are you going to do with it now?”
“那么,你现在准备拿它来做什么呢?”
“We are going to take it back with us to Ohio, and hold on to it a bit. In a big truck.”
“我们准备把它带回到俄亥俄州去,保留一段时间。装在一辆大型卡车上。”
“Congratulations! It’s official. This is the biggest pumpkin in the world. And let’s move on now to the third largest pumpkin in the world. We got Dave and Carol Stelts. Right? Where are you from?”
“祝贺你们!这是正式的结果。这是世界上最大的南瓜。让我们转到世界上第三大的南瓜。我们有Dave和Carol Stelts,对吧?你们从哪里来的啊?”
“We are from Edinburg, Pennsylvania.”
“我们来自于宾夕法尼亚州的Edinburg市。”
“Okay. How much does this baby weigh?”
“好的。这个宝贝有多重啊?”
“1662.5 pounds.”
“1662.5磅。”
“Why it comes with the color? The difference of the color between the first and third?’
“为什么它带有不同的颜色啊?第一个南瓜和第三个南瓜的颜色上的不一样?”
“Well, we do close genetics. We cross pollinated them. Sometimes, we like to have more this beautiful shiny orange color, but sometimes got opaque as you saw on the world record from Harps. But this one got really lucky. It turned out a beautiful, shiny orange, that most Americans have in front of their house.”
“哦,我们重视遗传。我们让它们交叉授粉。有时侯,我们希望有更多的这种漂亮的发亮的橙色,但有的时候还是会得到浑浊的颜色,和你看到的Harps的创世界记录的南瓜一样。但这只南瓜很幸运,它结出了这个漂亮的闪光的橙色,就像大多数美国人放在家门口的那种南瓜一样。”
“Now, when you look at that one, which is just a few pounds bigger, and the world record… If we only watered it one more time for that day, you know.”
“现在,当你看到那只南瓜,仅仅重几磅而已,是世界记录。如果那天我就多浇一次水,你知道。”
“A little more composting…”
“再多施一点堆肥…”
“Yeah, a little more compost. Carol cut off water one day. I told her. I said: ‘Don’t do this to me!’”
“是啊。在多一点点堆肥。Carol有一天把水给关了。我告诉她,我说:‘不要这样对我。’”
“Congratulations! Third largest pumpkin in the world!”
“祝贺你们!世界上第三大的南瓜!”
“Meantime, look at what we have here. We got Scott Cully who is basically a master carver.”
“同时,看看我们这里有什么。我们有Scott Cully,他基本上是一个雕刻艺术大师。”
“How are you?”
“你好。”
“Nice to see you.”
“很高兴和你见面。”
“Yes, good morning, nice to see you. You are very talented. What was your inspiration here? Scary Halloween?”
“是的,早上好,很高兴和你见面。你很有天赋。这里你的灵感是什么?可怕的万圣节?”
“You know, my inspiration is that I wait and see what the pumpkin has to offer, and I just sort of bring it out. So there was a big big bump right here, these shoes just sort of bump. I just brought out what was already there.”
“你知道,我的灵感就是等待,看看这个南瓜能提供什么素材,然后我就有点像是把它能够提供的东西挖掘出来。在这里曾经有一个大包,这些鞋子就有点像凸包。我只是把那些已经在那里的东西给发掘出来。”
“Okay, all right!”
“好。好!”
“How long did this take you?”
“你花了多长时间啊?”
“This is 12 hours.”
“这只花了12个小时。”
“Wow. That’s amazing!”
“哇。令人难以置信!”
“All right. Well, thank you so much, Scott.”
“很好。Scott,非常感谢你。”
“Congratulations on you!”
“祝贺你!”
“Thanks to everybody!”
“谢谢大家!”