影视精讲《心灵驿站》第23期:没有想象那么乐观
日期:2013-07-25 14:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hey. - Hey.
嗨. - 嗨.
I got your groceries. I was in the store when you called,
我替你把东西带来了.你打电话的时候我正在那店里,
so I thought I'd bring them over for you.
所以我就把你的东西带来了.
Thank you. How much?
谢谢.一共多少钱?
How are you? - I'm fine.
你没事吧? - 我很好.
How much? - $20.
多少钱? - 20块.
I got it. I got it. Thank you. Bye.
我自己拿.我自己拿.谢谢你.再见
Can I get you something? - Yeah. Just a beer.
要点什么? - 一杯啤酒.
Anything else?
还要什么?
Getting a jump on happy hour?
来这放纵一下?
No. I'm waiting for a friend.
不.我等我的朋友.
Oh. Me, too. Do you mind if I sit here?
哦. 我也是.不介意我坐这吧?
So, I saw you at the hot dog stand.
我在卖热狗的地方见过你.
I live in the depot.
我在老车站里住.
Oh, really? - Mm-hmm. Oh, cool.
哦,真的? - 嗯哼.哦, 不错.
You're like that old guy in the movie who does the telegraph thing.
你很像电影里发电报的老家伙
Something like that. - Oh. Hang on.
某些地方有点像.哦.等会.
Hey, where are you? So you couldn't call?
嗨, 你在哪?所以你不能打电话?
No, it's fine. Don't come. I... no.
不,我很好.不用来.我... 不.
Just do whatever you're gonna do.
你想干啥随你便.
No, actually, I met a friend, and we're having a drink, so..I'm gonna go.
不,我遇见了一个朋友,我们正在喝酒,所以...我会去的.
You want your fries here, sweetie? - Yeah, thanks.
还要一份炸薯条,宝贝? - 哦,谢谢.
I'm pregnant. I haven't told anyone yet.
我怀孕了.我还没告诉任何人.
Even Chris. I was gonna tell him today. He's probably gonna freak out.
包括克里斯.今天我要告诉他.他恐怕会大吃一惊.
You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to say it.
你不用说话.我只是想说出来.
Thank you. Here. You can have some of my fries.
谢谢.来吧.吃点薯条吧.
Where's your friend?
你的朋友呢?
I don't know.
我不知道.

妙语佳句

Telegraph (pt&pp.telegraphed)
n.电报;电讯;电报机;信号机
vt.& vi.打电报;流露出;电汇;用电报通知
vt.用电报发送;打电报向(某人)发指令;电汇;电购

Churchill telegraphed an urgent message to Wavell...
丘吉尔给韦维尔发了封紧急电报
The commission telegraphed its decision earlier this month by telling an official to prepare the order.
本月早些时候,委员会命令一位官员准备起草指令,透露了其决定。

------------------------------------------------------
Displease (pt&pp.displeased)
vt.使生气,使不愉快;冒犯,触怒
vi.使生气;使不快

Not wishing to displease her, he avoided answering the question.
为了不惹她生气,他对这个问题避而不答。

------------------------------------------------------
Nothing but
只有, 只不过;无非

Eg. I know my words can seem to him nothing but utter humbug.
我知道,我说的话在他看来不过是彻头彻尾的慌言。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Why is property so _____?
房地产为何如此危险
2.Such actions would _____ the desired structural transition.
此类举措将有助于实现中国渴望的结构转型。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.She couldn't afford to displease her boss.
得罪不起她的上司。
2.They feel it's nothing but a joke.
他们觉得这只 不过是个笑话。

分享到
重点单词
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • displeasedadj. 不快的;生气的 v. 使…不快(displea
  • commissionn. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪 vt. 委任,委托
  • utteradj. 全然的,绝对,完全 v. 发出,作声,发表
  • transitionn. 过渡,转变
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具