影视精讲《心灵驿站》第03期: 遗产
日期:2013-06-13 22:16

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

He was a nice man. He was a nice man.
他是个好人. 他是个好人.
I don't think we've ever met.
我想我们以前没见过面.
No, but I've seen you around.
不, 我应该见过你.
Well, like, you're one of those memorable people.
像你这样的人是让人很难忘的.
I brought you down here to discuss your inheritance.
我叫你来这是讨论你的遗产的.
In his will, Henry bequeathed to you some property in Newfoundland, New Jersey.
按他的遗愿,亨利要把他在新泽西的纽芬兰 的财产留给你
It's about half an acre of land.
大约有半亩土地.
It's got an old train depot on it.
还有一个老火车站.
I have an appraisal of the property for your records.
我给你得到的遗产估了个价.
What's happening with the shop?
他现在的店怎么办?
The building's been sold.
那栋楼已经被卖了.
Golden Spike will be closed, and the inventory liquidated.
他的店要关了,存货会清算的.
This is all, of course, in accordance with the terms I drew up in Henry's will.
这就是全部,当然,这些都是我遵照亨利的遗愿来办的.
How soon?
要多久?
If everything goes as planned, no hitches, anything,
假如每件事都按计划进行, 没有什么意外,
a thing like this takes about six weeks.
就像今天这样顺利的话 大约要6周时间.
I have some preliminary paperwork for you to sign.
我这有些初步的文件需要你签字.
Some other papers being drawn up.
以后还会有一些.
We have the keys to the depot.
我们已经拿到了那个老火车站的钥匙.
You ever been out to New Jersey?
你离开过新泽西吗?
No.
没有.
I drove through it once. Let me tell you.
我曾经开车到过那一次. 我来给你讲讲.
I mean, it's pretty, but there's nothing out there. Nothing.
那很美, 但是什么也没有.什么也没有!

妙语佳句

Dimension
n.尺寸;[复]面积,范围;[物]量纲;[数]次元,度,维
adj.(石料,木材)切成特定尺寸的
vt.把…刨成(或削成)所需尺寸;标出尺寸

There is a political dimension to the accusations...
这些指控含有政治方面的因素。
He considers the dimensions of the problem...
他考虑了问题的严重程度
I don't think it would spoil the dimensions of the room.
我不认为它会破坏房间的大小

------------------------------------------------------
Preliminary
adj.初步的,初级的;预备的;开端的;序言的
n.准备工作;预赛;初步措施;(对学生等的)预考

Preliminary results show the Republican party with 11 percent of the vote...
初步结果显示共和党获得了11%的选票。
It had taken about ten minutes to cover the preliminaries...
准备工作大概花了10分钟。

------------------------------------------------------
Bequeathed to
遗赠给
Her collection of paintings was bequeathed to the national gallery when she died.
她去世时,她的全部藏画都遗赠给了国家美术馆。

------------------------------------------------------
Appeal to
诉诸武力;向…投诉;向…呼吁;对…有吸引力

The doves appeal to softer emotions.
鸽派则求助于柔情策略。

剧情百科


是一个买餐饮的小伙子。因为父亲生病,他接替父亲并开始这份生意。他的性格热情,喜欢和人交流,借此来度过难挨的时光。乔是芬在老车站的第一个朋友。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Somebody had to _____ it.
必须有人进去.
2.I have to tell him _____.
我得事先告诉他。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Check the clearance dimension of excavation face.
检开挖断面净空尺寸
2.The only amendment is to appeal to lawing.
你的唯一补救办法就是诉诸法律。

分享到
重点单词
  • spoiln. 战利品,奖品 v. 宠坏,溺爱,破坏,腐坏
  • collectionn. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐
  • dimensionn. 尺寸,次元,容积,维度,范围,方面 vt. 标尺寸
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • galleryn. 美术馆,画廊,顶层楼座,狭长的房间
  • appealn. 恳求,上诉,吸引力 n. 诉诸裁决 v. 求助,诉
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • memorableadj. 值得纪念的,难忘的
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • amendmentn. 改善(正), 修正案,某物质能改善土壤有助生长