影视精讲《心灵驿站》第21期:Cleo的邀请
日期:2013-07-21 15:57

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Here,Fin! It's a permission slip so you can speak at my school.
给你,芬!这是张许可证,你可以到我们学校演讲了.
I can't speak at your school, Cleo.
我不会去你们学校演讲, 克利奥.
Yes, you can. You can pick any Friday that you want.
你能,当然能.如果你愿意,可以周五来.
I'm sorry. I can't. - Why?
很遗憾.我去不了. - 为什么?
It's just not something I can do.
我什么也没干.
You have to! - I'm sorry.
你干了! - 很抱歉.
But I already told everyone you were coming!
我已经给每个人都说了你会去的!
I'm sorry, Cleo.
很抱歉, 克利奥.
No, you're not. If you were sorry, then you would come.
没有,你没有.如果你真的感觉抱歉,就应该跟我去.
What was that all about?
怎么了?
I guess no coffee for Olivia today.
我看奥莉维亚今天不会来喝咖啡了.
No. Guess not.
对.我猜也不会来了
I didn't like that guy, man. - Who?
我不喜欢那个家伙. - 谁?
Olivia's ex. Uptight white guy.
奥莉维亚的前夫,那个生气的白人.
Can I ask you a personal question? - Sure.
我能问你个私人问题吗? - 当然.
You've had sex, right? - Yes.
你有过性经验,对吗? - 是的.
With a regular-sized chick?
和正常的女孩? -
Yeah. With a regular-sized chick.
对.和正常的女孩.
You ever had it with someone your own size? - No.
有没有过跟你一样的? - 没有.
Do you wanna?
你想吗?
I don't want to talk about this, Joe.
我不想说这个, 乔.
Why? - I just... I just don't.
为什么? - 我...我就是不想谈.

妙语佳句

Dare (pt&pp.dared)
vt. 敢;敢做;激(某人做某事);问(某人)有没有胆量(做某事)
vi. 敢;敢于;大胆;无畏于
aux. 敢,竟敢
n. 激将,挑战

Most people hate Harry but they don't dare to say so...
大多数人都对哈里敢怒不言。
He'd do pretty much anything on a dare...
别人一激他,他就几乎什么事都做得出来
How dare you pick up the phone and listen in on my conversations!...
竟敢拿起电话偷听我的谈话!
People always think I'm a fool, and I dare say they're right...
人们总认为我是个傻瓜,想必他们是对的。

------------------------------------------------------
Out of question
毫无疑问

Eg. that she will pass the entrance examination is out of question.
她入学考试会成功,那是毫无疑问的。

------------------------------------------------------

剧情百科

看来Fen还是不喜欢被别人关注,他拒绝了邀请的同时也伤害了Cleo对他的友谊。另一方面,Joe看见Olivia前夫后一直对他心怀怨恨。是出于对Olivia的关心还是对Olivia前夫态度的不满呢。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.Envy may _____ us with our lot.
嫉妒可使我们对自己的命运不满意
2.Interest rates are _____ deposits and there is a lack of alternatives.
其利率优于储蓄利率,而且中国也缺少其他投资渠道。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Few politicians dare favour too much income redistribution.
鲜有政治家于过多地赞同收入再分配。
2.Getting some help from her is out of question.
得到她的帮助不成问题

分享到
重点单词
  • permissionn. 同意,许可,允许
  • chickadj. 胆小的,懦弱的 n. 小鸡
  • redistributionn. 重新分配
  • finn. 鳍,鱼翅,鳍状物,散热片,五元纸币 vt. 装上鳍
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(