高级英语第一册(MP3+中英字幕) 第12课:外婆的日用家当(11)
日期:2016-05-19 07:32

(单词翻译:单击)

Then she gave a sigh and her hand closed over Grandma Dee's butter dish.
接着,她叹了一口气,她的手放在迪伊外婆的黄油碟上捏拢了。
That's it! she said. I knew there was something I wanted to ask you if I could have.
“对了!”她说。“我早知道这儿有些我想问您能不能给我的东西。”
She jumped up from the table and went over in the corner where the churn stood, the milk in it clabber by now. She looked at the churn and looked at it.
她离桌起身,走到角落处,那儿放着一个搅乳器,里面的牛奶已结成了酸奶。她看了看搅乳器,又望了望里面的酸奶。
This churn top is what I need, she said.
“这个搅乳器的盖子我想要,”她说。
Didn't Uncle Buddy whittle it out of a tree you all used to have?
“那不是巴迪叔叔用你们原有的一棵树的木头做成的吗?”
Yes, I said.
“是的,”我说。
Uh huh, she said happily. And I want the dasher,too.
“啊哈,”她兴高采烈地说。“我还想要那根搅乳棒。”
Uncle Buddy whittle that, too? asked the barber.
“那也是巴迪叔叔做的吗?”巴波问道。
Dee (Wangero) looked up at me.
迪伊(万杰萝)仰头望着我。
Aunt Dee's first husband whittled the dash, said Maggie so low you almost couldn't hear her.
“那是迪伊姨妈的第一个丈夫做的,”麦姬用低得几乎听不见的声音说。
His name was Henry, but they called him Stash.
“他的名字叫亨利,但人们总叫他史大西。”
Maggie's brain is like an elephants, Wanglero said, laughing.
“麦姬的脑袋像大象一样,”万杰萝说着哈哈大笑。
I can use the churn top as a center piece for the alcove table,”she said, sliding a plate over the churn, and I'll think of something artistic to do with the dasher.
“我可以将这搅乳器盖子放在凹室餐桌中央做装饰品,”她一边拿一个托盘盖在搅乳器上,一边说道。“至于那根搅乳棒,我也会想出一个艺术化的用途的。”
When she finished wrapping the dasher the handle stuck out.
她将搅乳棒包裹起来,把柄还露在外头。
I took it for a moment in my hands. You didn't even have to look close to see where hands pushing the dasher up and down to make butter had left a kind of sink in the wood.
我伸手将把柄握了一会儿。不用将眼睛凑近去细看也可以看出搅乳棒把柄上由于长年累月握着搅动而留下的凹陷的握痕。

分享到