高级英语第一册(MP3+中英字幕) 第11课:阿真舍湾(10)
日期:2016-01-22 17:44

(单词翻译:单击)

Ah? Jolly convenient. Burne-Wilke lit a cigar, and they both sipped wine.
噢?那倒很方便。勃纳沃克点燃一支雪茄,接着两个人便呷起酒来。
I suppose you know that this ship crossed the ocean without escort, the air commodore resumed.
我猜你一定知道这艘军舰是在没有护航的条件下横渡大洋的吧。这位空军准将接着说道,
Our first night out of England, we ran into a whole gale.
我们从英国出发后的第一天晚上就遇上了大风暴,
Our destroyer s couldn't maintain speed, so we zigzagged on alone.
为我们护航的驱逐舰没法保持速度,所以我们只好单独地走曲线绕行了。
Sir, I was appalled to hear about it.
先生,这话可真使我大吃了一惊。
Really? Rather sporting of the British Prime Minister, don't you think, to give the Hun a fair shot at him on the open sea.
是吗?你是否觉得英国首相过于冒险了一些,有意让德国鬼子在大海上将他当靶子打?
Three thousand miles without air cover or surface escort, straight through the entire submarine fleet.
我们可是在既没有空中掩护也没有海面护航的条件下,穿过整整一个德国潜艇舰队的伏击区,航行三千英里呀。
You had your good angels escorting you. That's all I can say.
我只能说你们有你们的善良的天使在护佑你们。
Oh, well, at any rate here we are.
哦,是啊,不管怎么说,我们已平安到达这儿了。
But it might be prudent not to overwork those good angels, what? Don't you agree?
不过,还是谨慎一些,不要让那些善良的天使过分操劳的好,你说呢?你难道不这么看吗?
On our way back, every U-boat in the Atlantic will certainly be on battle alert.
在我们返航途中,大西洋上的每一艘德国潜艇一定都已作好了战斗准备。
We shall have to run the gamut. Burne-Wilke paused, studying the ash on his cigar.
不得不穿过他们的伏击区。说到这里,勃纳.沃克停顿下来,凝神注视着雪茄上的烟灰。
We're stretched thin for escorts, you know.
我们你知道,我们的护航力量很单薄。
We've rounded up four destroyers.
我们集中了四艘驱逐舰。
Admiral Pound would be happier with six.
要是能有六艘,海军上将庞德一定会更高兴的。
Victor Henry quickly said, I'll talk to Admiral King.
维克多.亨利马上接口说,我会同海军上将金谈一谈的。
You understand that this cannot be a request from us.
你明白,这事我们不能提出要求。
The Prime Minister would be downright annoyed.
首相若是知道了,一定会发火的。
He's hoping we'll meet the Tirpitz and get into a running gun fight.
他正期望着与德舰蒂尔皮茨号遭遇,来一场激烈的炮战哩。
Let me star t on this now, sir.
我马上就去办理这件事吧,先生。
Pug drank up his sherry, and rose to his feet.
帕格一口把酒喝干,站起身来。
Oh? Would you? Burne-Wilke opened the cabin door. Thanks awfully.
哦?就要去了吗?勃纳?沃克打开舱门。那真是太感谢了。

分享到
重点单词
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • victorn. 胜利者 Victor: 维克托(男子名)
  • alertadj. 警觉的,灵敏的 n. 警戒,警报 vt. 警惕
  • primeadj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的 n. 青春,壮
  • convenientadj. 方便的,便利的
  • resumedn. 履历;个人简历;摘要 vt. 重新开始;重新获得
  • prudentadj. 谨慎的,有远见的,精打细算的