位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 后天 > 正文
电影《后天》精讲第42期:幸运感言
日期:2015-05-07 20:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Mr. President.

总统先生

I’ve just received a shortwave radio transmission from Jack1 Hall.

我收到了来自杰克?霍尔的短波信息

He made it to New York.

他到了纽约

He says there are survivors.

他说那里有幸存者

Thank you, Tom.

谢谢 汤姆

That’s....

那是...

That’s good news.

那是好消息

These past few weeks have left us all with a profound sense of humility3...

过去的几个星期里让我们感到 在大自然的力量面前...

...in the face of nature’s destructive power. ...

我们是多么的渺小

For years, we operated under the belief that we could continue...

多年来 我们一直以为 我们可以...

...consuming our planet’s natural resources without consequence. ...

不记后果地挥霍 我们星球的自然资源

We were wrong.

我们错了

I was wrong.

我错了

The fact that my first address

实际上我的首次致辞是

to you comes from a consulate on foreign soil...

在外国的土地上 大使馆里发表的...

...is a testament to our changed reality. ...

这为我们证明了世界的改变

Not only Americans...

不光是美国人...

...but people all around the globe are now guests in the nations... ...

地球上所有的人现在 都成为了被我们称之为...

... we once called The Third World. ...

第三世界的国家的客人

In our time of need, they have taken us in and sheltered us.

在我们需要的时候 他们接纳和收容了我们

And I am deeply grateful for their hospitality.

我对他们的好客深表感谢

重点讲解

重点单词

1.shortwave

n. 短波

vt. 用短波广播发射

It provides shortwave radios to schools and communities in some of the poorest areas of the world.

该组织为世界上一些最贫穷地区的学校和社区提供短波收音机。

2. profound

adj. 深厚的;意义深远的;渊博的

This remark has profound implications.

这句话含义深刻。

3. consulate

n. 领事;领事馆;领事任期;领事职位

You have to visit the consulate or embassy.

你必须到领事馆或大使馆去。

4.shelter

n. 庇护;避难所;遮盖物

vt. 保护;使掩蔽

vi. 躲避,避难

We are at another shelter.

我们在另一个避难所。

重点短语

1.be grateful for

We can lose our jobs, but be grateful for our spouses.

我们可以失去工作,但会为拥有爱人而感恩不已;

考考你(翻译)

1.你的思想不见得都很深刻。

2.但目前还不清楚被攻击的目标是土耳其警察检查站还是美国领事馆。

3.重视你孩子而不是为他们的打扰而感到厌烦,并对那些提醒你应该花时间和你爱的人待在一起的表示感谢。

答案见下期

上期答案

1.From the measured results, we either reject the theory or confirm it.

2.But ask me if I think aliens exist, somewhere, anywhere, and I answer with a loud and affirmative yes.

3.Right now, we have no idea of the impact of these drug residues or what we can do about them.


分享到