电影《后天》精讲第5期:谬论
日期:2015-03-31 20:48

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Ridiculous. How can he fail you for being smarter than he is?
胡扯 他怎么能因为你比他聪明 就判你不及格呢?
That’s what I said.
我就是这么说的
You did?
你这么说了?
-How’d he take it? -He flunked me, remember?
他怎么说?他判我不及格 记得吗?
Oh, yeah.
喔 是的
Sam, I’m sorry. I jumped to conclusions.
萨姆 对不起 我太早下结论了
I’m gonna call this guy and have a word with him.
我会给他打电话 和他谈谈
We’ll straighten this out.
我们会把这搞清楚的
Hey, you can’t park there.
嘿 你不能停在这里
-Don’t worry about it. -Sam?
别担心 萨姆?
Sam.
萨姆
Parker, this is Houston.
帕克 这里是休斯顿
We’re seeing some bad weather over Canaveral.
卡那维拉尔角这里天气很糟糕
It doesn ’t look like you’re coming back this week.
看来你们这个礼拜回不来了
Your wife’s gonna give me an earful.
你老婆肯定要跟我发牢骚
Roger that.
收到
Hey, come take a look at this storm system. It’ s enormous.
嘿 来看看这风暴云团 太大了
You all right? 你还好吗?
He’s afraid of flying.
他害怕飞行
I’m fine.
我没事
Statistically, the chance of a plane going down because of turbulence...
据统计 飞机因为湍流 失事的几率...
...is less than, what, one in a billion? Or is it a million? ...
小于 多少?十亿分之一? 还是百万分之一?
-I can’t remember if it’s a-- -Shut up, Brian.
我记不清是... 闭嘴 布莱恩
Listen, Sam...
听着 萨姆...
...don’t pay attention to him, okay? Everything’s fine. ...
别理他 好吗? 没事的
They’re still serving drinks.
他们还在提供饮料呢
Folks, it appears we’re gonna have a bit of a bumpy ride for the next few minutes.
朋友们 可能飞机在下几分钟里 将会有点颠簸
Please fasten your seat belts and put your tray tables...
请系好您的安全带 把面前的餐盘合好...
...and seat backs in their upright positions until we get through this. Thank you. ...
然后在座位上坐好 直到我们飞过气流为止 谢谢\

重点讲解
重点单词
1. bumpy
adj. 颠簸的;崎岖不平的
The car bottomed too easily on the bumpy road.
汽车在崎岖不平的道路上行驶,其底盘太容易触地了。
2.tray
n. 托盘;文件盒;隔底匣;(无线电的)发射箱
This latest device will antiquate the ice-cube tray.
这个最新的器件使小方冰块盘变成废物。
3.turbulence
n. 骚乱,动荡;[流] 湍流;狂暴
Once you have kids, of course, they introduce 18 years worth of excitement and turbulence into your marriage.
一旦你们有了孩子,当然了,这肯定会为你们的婚姻带来18年的激动和骚乱。
重点短语
1.straight out
直言地;坦率地;毫不犹豫的
This is more like a “Maybe” than a straight out “No”.
相比直接说出不,这更像是“可能会就拒绝你”。
2.go down
下降;平静下来;传下去;被接受
If they do, the cost of capital will go down and bring down the cost of electricity from nuclear plants, he said.
他说,如果工程能如期交付,并且不超出预算,建造成本将下降,核电厂的发电成本也会降低。
3.a bit of
一点
He learned a bit of Latin.
他学过一点拉丁语。
考考你(翻译)
1.这句话更像是表示一种可能,而非直截了当地说“不”。
2.我应该走楼梯下去吗?
3. 他表示:“会有一点小挫折,因为任何人都希望在所有问题上说服所有人,并立即获得所有结果,但我们正取得进展。”
上期答案
1.Where(When) do I pick up the ticket?
2.Look around you. Is there something small, like a pen or something that you can pick up?
3.I pick up where I left off, and go on to describe to them how, despite all appearances, my father did not actually make it off that boat alive.

分享到