位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 后天 > 正文
电影《后天》精讲第12期:暖流已经变化
日期:2015-04-07 14:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

What about the North Atlantic Current? -What about it?
那么北大西洋暖流呢? 那有什么关系?
I got a call last night from Professor Rapson at the Hedland Center.
我昨晚接到了海德兰中心 瑞博森教授的电话
He thinks the current has changed.
他认为暖流已经变化了
The current depends upon a balance of salt and freshwater.
暖流的形成取决于 淡水与盐份间的微妙平衡
-We all know that. -Yes...
这个我们都清楚 是的...
...but no one knows how much freshwater has been dumped into the ocean... ...
但是从来没有人调查过 因为极地冰雪的融化...
...because of melting polar ice. ...
有多少淡水流入了大海
I think we’ve hit a critical desalinization point.
我想我们达到了一个 盐分稀释的关键点了
It would explain what’s driving this extreme weather.
这可以解释是什么造成了 这种极端的天气
Hedland had some pretty convincing data.
海德兰中心有一些令人信服的数据
They’ve asked me to feed it into
他们已经要求我将之输入
my paleoclimate model to track the next events.
我的古气候模型当中 以预测今后的情况
Are you suggesting these weather anomalies are gonna continue?
你是说这些不正常的天气还会继续吗?
Not just continue. Get worse.
不仅仅是继续 会更糟
I think we’re on the verge5 of a major climate shift.
我认为我们遇到了 一次巨大的气候转变
What are you gonna tell the Administration?
汤姆 你准备和管理层怎么讲?
-What do you expect me to tell them? -The government has to make preparations.
你想我应该讲什么? 政府现在必须作好长期性准备了
-You have a theory. -Give me the mainframe. I’ll prove it.
杰克 你有的只是一个理论 给我巨型机 我可以证明它
No.
不行
You have 48 hours.
你有四十八小时
-Professor Hall. -Yes.
霍尔教授 是
-I think your theory may be correct. -Walk with me.
我认为你的理论有可能是正确的 跟我来
Just a few weeks ago, I monitored the strongest hurricaneon record.
就在几个星期前 我观察到了最强烈的飓风记录
The hail, the tornados, it all fits.
冰雹 龙卷风 这些都合乎理论
Can your model factor in storm scenarios ?
你的模型能够模拟风暴下的形势吗?
-We haven’t had the time. -Well, maybe I can help.
我们没有时间 喔 也许我可以帮忙
-Welcome aboard. -Thanks.
欢迎加入 谢谢
-Hi. -Hi.
嗨 嗨
Hi, I’m Jason.
嗨 我是詹森
Do you have Peter’s CT scan results?
你有彼得的CT扫描结果吗?
Yeah. The treatments shrunk the tumor 20 percent.
有 治疗让肿瘤减小了百分之二十
-ls his eyesight better today? -No. No change.
他今天的视力好点了吗? 不 没有变化
-Hi, Peter. How are you doing today? -A little better.
嗨 彼得 你今天怎么样? 好点了
Good.

Let me listen here.
让我来听听
Can you read that?
你能看见那上面的字了吗?
No, but I remember the story from the pictures.
不能 但是我记得图片里讲的故事
You do?
是吗?
My mother used to read it to me.
我妈妈以前经常读给我听
She must be very proud of you. You’ve been such a brave, big boy.
她一定会为你骄傲的 你这个勇敢的 大男孩
-Thank you. -You’re welcome.
谢谢 不客气
Jack, you’ve been working for 24 hours straight.
杰克 你已经一连工作了二十四个小时了
You’re the only one who hasn’t taken a break.
你是唯一一个没有休息过的
Maybe I’ll try to shut my eyes for a while.
也许我该眯一小会儿了
Call me when you get the results.
如果你拿到结果通知我

重点讲解
重点单词
1.hurricane
n. 飓风,暴风
The hurricane devastated a large section of the coast.
飓风毁坏了沿海地区的大部分。
2. shut
vt. 关闭;停业;幽禁
vi. 关上;停止营业
n. 关闭
adj. 关闭的;围绕的
vt. 关闭;停业;幽禁
She banged the door shut.
她砰地把门关上了。
3.desalinization
n. [化工][土壤] 脱盐
But even if the icebergs lost half of their volume in towing, the water they could provide would be far cheaper than that produced by desalinization, or removing salt from water.
但是,即便在拖的过程中冰山失去了一半体积,这样做也远比从海水中脱盐取得淡水便宜。
重点短语
1.used to
惯于;过去经常
I'm not used to getting up early.
我不习惯很早起床。
2.depend upon
依赖;取决于
The remainder of your integration testing depends upon your particular environment.
集成测试的其余部分取决于特定环境。
3.remove from
除掉;移动
Remove from oven; place on a rack and cool.
从烤箱中拿出来;搁在架子上放凉。
考考你(翻译)
1.你很快就会习惯这里的气候。
2.你可能独自为公司写代码长达数小时,但是你的成功取决于你所在团队的伙伴成员的努力。
3.拌上洋苏叶和调味品,把锅从火上移开,放到一边。
答案见下期

上期答案
1.Our preparation for the Age of Turbulence began nearly a year ago.
2.Both are a pattern that emerges from a jumble of interconnected parts.
3.Two decades in, the Internet has neither brought down dictators nor eliminated borders.

分享到