双语美文之那些似水流年 第5期:少年维特的烦恼
日期:2014-02-25 17:08

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Why do I not write to you?
为什么我没有给你写信?
And you, a learned man, ask me this?
你,凭你的学识,居然会问我这个问题?
You should be clever enough to guess that I am in a happy mood because in a wood I have made an acquaintance who moves my heart in a strange way.
你准能猜到,我一切都很好;因为,简单说吧,我认识了一个人,她紧紧地牵动着我的心。
I have…I do not know.
我已经…我也不知道自己怎么啦。
It is not easy for me to tell you, in chronological order just how it happened, how I met such a lovely being.
我很难把这事的经过有条不紊地告诉你,我认识了一位最最可爱的人。
I am contented and happy, and therefore not a good historian.
我现在感觉既快乐又幸福,所以不能把事情很客观地写出来。
An angel! Nonsense!
一位天使!不用说!


Everyone calls his loved one thus, does he not?
谁谈起自己的意中人都会这么说,不是吗?
And yet I cannot describe to you how perfect she is, or why she is so perfect; enough to say that she has captured me completely.
可是我却无法向你描述她是多么完美,以及她为什么会那么完美;一句话,她已经把我整个心都俘获了。
So much innocence combined with so much intelligence; such kindness with such firmness; such inner serenity in such an active life.
她那么淳朴,又那么聪明;那么善良,又那么坚定;那么辛苦,内心又那么充满宁静。
But all this is foolish talk pure abstract words which fail to describe one single feature of her real person.
但所有这些全都是令人讨厌的空泛之词,丝毫反映不出她真实的样子。
Another time no, not another time, right at this moment will tell you everything.
下次,不,不是下次,我现在就要立即告诉你。
If I do not do it now, it will never be done.
要是现在不在说,那就永远不会说了。
Because between you and me since I began this letter I have been three times on the point of laying down my pen, having my horse saddled and riding out to her.
因为,说心里话,从开始写这封信到现在,我已经有三次想搁下笔,打算让人给马备好鞍,骑马出去找她了。
Although I swore to myself this morning not to do it, I am going every other moment to the window to see how high the sun has climbed.
今天早晨我还发誓不这样做,可我还是时不时地跑到窗前,看看太阳已经爬到多高了。
I could not bear it any longer; I had to see her.
我无法控制自己,我还是去了她那儿。
Here I am back. Wilhelm; I will now eat my supper and then go on writing to you.
现在我已经回来了,威廉,我要吃着夜宵继续写你写信。
What a delight it was to see her among the dear lively children, her eight brothers and sisters!
看到她同一群活泼可爱的孩子,她的八个弟妹,在一起,我是多么欣喜啊!
作者介绍

歌德

约翰·沃尔夫冈·冯·歌德,出生于美因河畔法兰克福,作为诗人、自然科学家、文艺理论家和政治人物,歌德是魏玛的古典主义最著名的代表。而作为诗歌、戏剧和散文作品的创作者,他是最伟大的德国作家之一,也是世界文学领域的一个出类拔萃的光辉人物。

词语解释

1.capture v.俘获;夺取;夺得

Step 3-capture and interpret intuitive information.
第三步:捕捉并理解直觉信息。

Capture technology traps carbon dioxide gasses released by coal plants.
碳捕捉技术捕获的是燃煤工厂排放的二氧化碳。

2.serenity n.安详;宁静

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
如果你寻找到宁静和幸福,他们可能会嫉妒你:

And could the "greek serenity" of later greek periods be only a red sunset?
而这些希腊后期的“希腊的平静”只是一抹夕阳红吗?
3.abstract n.抽象概念;抽象派艺术作品

Conformity is not an abstract concept to these students.
顺从对学生来说不是个抽象的概念。

The clickable trait looks just like a java interface; it is completely abstract.
clickable trait看上去就像一个java接口;它是完全抽象的。

4.swear v.发誓;咒骂

And here's the weird thing: I swear my skin has never looked better.
可离奇之处就在于:我发誓我的皮肤从来没有像现在这样好。

I swear to uphold the constitution that I will write!
我宣誓拥护我所订立的宪法!

分享到
重点单词
  • firmnessn. 坚固,坚牢,坚定
  • intelligencen. 理解力,智力 n. 情报,情报工作,情报机关
  • contentedadj. 满足的,心安的 动词content的过去式和过
  • acquaintancen. 熟人,相识,了解
  • constitutionn. 组织,宪法,体格
  • innocencen. 无罪,无知,天真无邪
  • conceptn. 概念,观念
  • chronologicaladj. 按时间顺序的
  • traitn. 特点,特征,特性,一笔,少量
  • lively活泼的,活跃的,栩栩如生的,真实的