听电影《朋友一场》学英语第17期:我的圣诞节礼物
日期:2012-12-13 22:01

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

I do not remember Jersey being this cold.

我不记得新泽西有这么冷。  

Well, it’s been uncommonly cold this month.

嗯,这个月冷得有点不寻常。

We’ve gone through seven bags of rock salt.

我们已经用光了七包崖盐。  

Your house is just so quaint, Mrs. Brander.

你的房子真是古雅,布兰德太太。  

I mean, Chris, you never told me you were so provincial.

我是说,克里斯,你从没有告诉我,你是如此节省。 

It’s like a true rags to riches story.

就像个真实的从贫穷到富有的故事。  

but I’ve always found the middle class to be just so much more real.

但我总是觉得中产阶级更好一些。  

I mean, isn’t Chris great?

我是说,克里斯多棒啊?  

Yeah, he is a nice boy.

对,他是个好孩子。  

You know, he usually flies us out to Los Angeles.

你知道他总是让我们飞去洛杉矶。  

It’s been, uh.

有,嗯。  

oh, nine, 10.

哦,九,十--。  

It’s 10 years. Yeah.

已经十年了,对, 十年?  

10 years since he’s been home.

他有十年没有回过家了。  

All right. Good job, Dougie. Oh, hi, honey!

好了,干得好,道吉,哦,嗨,亲爱的!  

Oh my God.

哦我的天。  

Mikey. Oh my God!

麦克,哦我的天!  

Is that my Christmas present?Sam, my younger brother Mike.

那是我的圣诞节礼物?萨曼沙,我的小弟弟麦克。  

Samantha James.Samantha James.

萨曼沙 杰姆斯,萨曼沙 杰姆斯。  

Mike Brander. It is an honor.

麦克 布兰德,是我的荣幸。  

I have your poster on my wall.

我的墙上贴着你的海报。  

but you are way hotter in person.I know!

你本人看上去更辣,我知道!

妙语佳句

1.rock

n. 岩石;摇滚乐;暗礁

vt. 摇动;使摇晃

vi. 摇动;摇晃

His foot caught in a rock and he pitched forward.

他的脚拌在石头上,他向前趔趄了几步。

2.provincial

adj. 省的;地方性的;偏狭的

n. 粗野的人;乡下人;外地人

But other laws seen as important in that regard, one on provincial elections and another on sharing oil revenues, have yet to be passed.

但是其它也被认为是重要的法案,一个省级选举以及一个分享石油收入的法案,还没有获得通过。

3.much more

更加;多得多

However, MAC can actually do much more than that.

不过,MAC 实际上可以做的比那要多得多。

4.poster

海报,广告;招贴

But once you’ve watched the film, looking at the poster is like prolonging the film experience, because there’s so much fossilised in it.

然而一旦当你看完了电影,再来看这些海报就好象是一次观影体验的延伸,因为有那么多的内涵精华凝聚封印在其中。

5.hotter

热的;热烈的

They work because certain materials, such as bismuth telluride, generate an electrical potential difference within themselves if one part is hotter than another.

它们之所以能起作用是因为某些材料,比如碲化铋,如果其中一部分比另一部分热,内部就会产生电位差。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.这个月冷得有点不寻常。        

2.我的墙上贴着你的海报。 

上期参考答案

1.I’m not supposed to worry about stuff like that.  

2.We’re on a private field an hour outside of Trenton.


分享到
重点单词
  • potentialadj. 可能的,潜在的 n. 潜力,潜能 n. 电位,
  • provincialn. 乡下人,地方人民 adj. 省的,地方的,偏狭的
  • postern. 海报,装饰画
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • generatevt. 产生,发生,引起
  • quaintadj. 古雅的,离奇有趣的,奇怪的