TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):我从全职奶爸经历中学到的知识(5)
日期:2019-01-21 10:42

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

It turns out putting diapers on your head and play-fighting until the kids fall asleep is a great way to love your kids.
原来把尿布套在头上,跟他们打闹游戏直到他们都睡着,这就是爱你的孩子的最好方式。
So, I was learning a lot, but it's not all fun and boogers, is it?
所以,我学到了很多,但带小孩不止是快乐和鼻涕,不是吗?
I asked a group of stay-at-home parents what's the hardest thing,
我问了一组全职父母什么是最困难的部分,
the thing they underestimated most about being stay-at-home parents,
哪些事情是他们低估了的,
and they said that the loneliness was one of those things.
他们说,孤单可能算其中的一个。
Not having someone else to talk to, feeling inadequate, feeling selfish for wanting me-time. And nursery rhymes suck.
没人可以聊天说话,感觉自己不完整,对需要自我时间感到自私。还有儿童音乐听到吐。
Like, really, "Mary Had a Little Lamb" is cool the first couple of times, but after all these years on repeat,
真的,比如“玛丽有只小羊羔”开头听几遍还不错的,但是这两年重复的放,
you wonder why Mary just ain't make herself a wool skirt and have lamb chops, you know what I'm saying?
我就纳闷了,玛丽为什么不给自己做一件羊毛衫或者搞点小羊排啥的,你们懂我说的吧?

我从全职奶爸经历中学到的知识

The one thing I underestimated most was the emotional fatigue.
我最低估的一件事就是情感疲劳。
See, I was an artist, so I'd write songs for other artists.
其实,我以前是个艺术家,我给其它艺人写歌。
Because that's how I made money from home.
这使我在家能赚钱养家。
But when you're with your kids all day, you become emotionally tired.
但是当你和孩子呆一整天,你的情感会觉得很疲劳。
And that means all your creativity comes from your emotions, so you're just tapped out, you're done.
就是你所有的创造力都来自于感情,现在情感的龙头关了,你完了。
So you become done with time.
你觉得被时间所困。
Nap time, time-tables, time-out, time like to cook, with all types of time, you're just done.
瞌睡时间,时间表到时间了,该是去煮饭的时间了,你就是被各种时间所困。
You had no time for anything. And some people are done with their spouse as a stay-at-home parent.
最终没有时间做出点什么来。有的人因为全职育儿毁掉了夫妻关系。
Because the spouse just doesn't get it.
因为另一半的不理解。
I was talking to a friend of mine, he said,
我和一个朋友聊天,他说,
"Man, I come home from work, drawers are open, clothes hanging outside the drawers, the kids are still in their pajamas.
“哥们,我下班回家,抽屉都开着,衣服摊的到处都是,孩子们还穿着睡衣...
And it can't be that hard to have dinner ready when I get home, right?"
我到家了连晚饭都没有准备,很难吗?”

演讲介绍

作为谷歌的研究科学家,玛格丽特·米切尔帮助开发电脑,它们能够沟通所看到和理解的事情。她警示,如今我们潜意识地将差距,盲点和偏见编码到人工智能中——我们应该考虑今天创造的技术对未来意味着什么。米切尔说:“我们现在所看到的是人工智能进化过程中的一个快照。如果我们希望人工智能以一种帮助人类的方式发展,那么我们需要定义目标和策略,来开通这这条路径。”


分享到
重点单词
  • creativityn. 创造力,创造
  • inadequateadj. 不充分的,不适当的
  • fatiguen. 疲乏,疲劳,累活 adj. 疲劳的 vt. 使 .
  • spousen. 配偶
  • underestimatedvt. 低估;看轻 n. 低估
  • emotionaladj. 感情的,情绪的
  • wooln. 羊毛,毛线,毛织品
  • lambn. 羔羊,小羊,羔羊肉,温顺的人 v. 产羊羔