TED演讲(MP3+双语字幕) 第40期:谈魅力(4)
日期:2014-12-05 15:22

(单词翻译:单击)

视频文本

And sprezzatura is the art that conceals art. sprezzatura.
是那种浑然天成的艺术。
It makes things look effortless.
它使得事物简约易懂。
You don't think about how Nicole Kidman is maneuvering that dress she just looks completely natural.
你不用去向妮可·基德曼是如何穿着那件裙子的,这种着装在她身上就是如此的自然。
And I remember reading, after the Lara Croft movies, how Angelina Jolie would go home completely black and blue.
而且我还记得在看完Lara Croft电影之后,我阅读着Angelina Jolie如何偏题鳞伤的回到家中。。
Of course, they covered that with make-up,because Lara Croft did all those same stunts but she doesn't get black and blue, because she has sprezzatura.
不过当然,伤的痕迹都用彩妆遮盖住了,但是Lara Croft也上演了同样的特技,但是因为sprezzatura,她安然无恙。
"To conceal all art and make whatever is done or said appear to be without effort":
隐藏任何事前的痕迹,或者说,使之显得自然:
And this is one of the critical aspects of glamour.
这是魅力的一个核心方面。
Glamour is about editing.
魅力意味着雕琢。
How do you create the sense of transcendence,the sense of evoking a perfect world?
你是如何创造卓越的感觉,唤起一个完美世界的感觉?
The sense of, you know, life could be better, I could join this I could be a perfect person, I could join this perfect world.
那种,你知道,生活可以更美好的感觉,我可以成为其中的一份子,我可以成为一个完美的人,我可以成为这个完美世界的一部分。
We don't tell you all the grubby details.
我们并不必让你知道所有乱糟糟的细节。
Now, this was kindly lent to me by Jeff Bezos, from last year.
这个,这是去年好心的Jeff Bezos借给我的。
This is underneath Jeff's desk.
在Jeff的桌子下面是这个样子。
This is what the real world of computers, lamps, electrical appliances of all kinds, looks like.
这是电脑的真实呈现,看上去,各种各样的灯具,电子元件。
But if you look in a catalog particularly a catalog of modern, beautiful objects for your home it looks like this.
但是如果你在一个产品目录中查看尤其是为你现代,美丽的家添置物件的商品目录中它是这个样子的。
There are no cords.
没有任何线路。
Look next time you get these catalogs in your mail you can usually figure out where they hid the cord.
但你下次查看邮箱中这些目录的时候你可以经常地弄明白他们把杂乱无章的线路藏在哪了。
But there's always this illusion that if you buy this lamp,you will live in a world without cords.
但是如果你买下这个灯具的话,总是会有这种幻觉,那就是你生活在一个简洁整齐的世界中。。
And the same thing is true of, if you buy this laptop or you buy this computer and even in these wireless eras, you don't get to live in the world without cords.
下一个事实就是,如果你买下这个掌上电脑或者台式机--那么甚至在目前的无线世界中,你也不可能生活在没有线路的世界中。
You have to have mystery and you have to have grace.
你必须拥有神秘感和优雅感。
And there she is Grace.
这就是格蕾丝。
This is the most glamorous picture, I think, Part of the thing is that, in Rear Window,the question is, is she too glamorous to live in his world?
我认为,这是有史以来最优雅的一张图片,部分是因为电影Rear Window的缘故。问题是,她的优雅是否已经超出了当时的世界?
And the answer is no, but of course it's really just a movie.
答案是否定的,理所当然的,这只是一部电影。
Here's Hedy Lamarr again.
这还是Hedy Lamarr。
And, you know, this kind of head covering is extremely glamorous because, like sunglasses, it conceals and reveals at the same time.
而且,你知道,这种风格的顶盖是非常迷人的。因为,就像太阳镜一样,它在遮掩的同时也欲盖弥彰。
Translucence is glamorous that's why all these people wear pearls.
半透明是富有魅力的,这就是为什么人们穿戴珍珠的原因。
It's why barware is glamorous. Glamour is translucent not transparent, not opaque.
就是为什么酒吧酒具富有魅力--半透明才吸引人而不是透明,或者不透明。
It invites us into the world but it doesn't give us a completely clear picture.
它使得我们进入了一个世界却不将其完整的呈现出来。
And I think if Grace Kelly is the most glamorous person,maybe a spiral staircase with glass block may be the most glamorous interior shot,because a spiral staircase is incredibly glamorous.
而且我认为如果Grace Kelly是最富有魅力的人,也许玻璃镶嵌的旋转楼梯是是最富有魅力的室内快照,因为旋转楼梯拥有如此不可思议的吸引力。
It has that sense of going up and away, and yet you never think about how you would really trip if you were particularly going down.
那种悬上即离的感觉,然后你永远不知道整个过程是怎样的。如果你知道,大概就是下来的时候吧。
And of course glass block has that sense of translucence.
而且毋庸置疑的,玻璃砖具有那种半透明的感觉。
So, this session's supposed to be about pure pleasure but glamour's really partly about meaning.
因此,这部分讲到的是纯粹的愉悦。不过魅力确实是一定程度上和涵义相关的。
All individuals and all cultures have ideals that cannot possibly be realized in reality.
所有的个人所有的文化都在现实世界中几乎无法实现的理想。
They have contradictions, they uphold principles that are incommensurable with each other whatever it is and yet these ideals give meaning and purpose to our lives as cultures and as individuals.
矛盾是存在的,它支持着互相之前不具有可比性的原则,不管它是什么,这些理想在我们的生活里表达出了我们身为个人和文化的涵义和目的。

视频及简介

视频简介:

在这场即时演讲中,文化评论人Virginia Postrel探讨了魅力的真正含义和不同凡响的应用。她将其定义为任何被用来影响和劝服的经过考量和细致思忖过的影像。

分享到
重点单词
  • transparentadj. 透明的,明显的,清晰的
  • opaqueadj. 不透明的,难懂的
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • mysteryn. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物
  • concealvt. 隐藏,隐瞒,掩盖
  • staircasen. 楼梯
  • effortlessadj. 容易的,不费力气的
  • gracen. 优美,优雅,恩惠 vt. 使荣耀,使优美
  • coveringn. 覆盖物,遮避物 adj. 掩护的,掩盖的