TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):慈悲心与感同身受的真正涵义(3)
日期:2015-10-21 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The rags were unwrapped from a little girl whose body was massively burned.
打开裹着的布片是一个重度烧伤的女孩。
Again,
再一次,
the eyes and hands of Avalokiteshvara.
观世音的眼睛和慈悲之手显现。
It was the young women, the health aids,
也就是那些年轻女性,援助者,
who cleaned the wounds of this baby and dressed the wounds.
清理孩子的伤口并包扎上。
I know those hands and eyes;
我认识那些手和眼睛;
they touched me as well.
它们也曾经抚慰过我。


They touched me at that time.
它们在过去抚慰过我。
They have touched me throughout my 68 years.
在我68年生命中抚慰了我。
They touched me when I was four and I lost my eyesight and was partially paralyzed.
在我四岁失去视力几乎瘫痪的时候它们抚慰了我。
And my family brought in a woman whose mother had been a slave to take care of me.
我的家人带来一个女人,她的母亲曾经是个奴隶她照顾我。
And that woman did not have sentimental compassion.
这个女人并没有感性的慈悲心。
She had phenomenal strength.
她有的是非凡的力量。
And it was really her strength, I believe,
我相信,是她的力量,
that became the kind of mudra and imprimatur that has been a guiding light in my life.
成为一种启发与指引是我生命中的指明灯。
So we can ask:
我们问道:
What is compassion comprised of?
慈悲是什么构成的?
And there are various facets.
答案包含很多方面。
And there's referential and non-referential compassion.
有指代性的和非指代性的。
But first, compassion is comprised of that capacity to see clearly into the nature of suffering.
但首先,慈悲是透彻观照苦难之存在的能力构成。
It is that ability to really stand strong and to recognize also that I'm not separate from this suffering.
这种能力让我们保持坚强并让我们意识到我是这苦难的一部分。
But that is not enough,
但这不够,
because compassion,
因为慈悲心,
which activates the motor cortex,
激发运动皮质层,
means that we aspire,
也就是说我们受到激励,
we actually aspire to transform suffering.
被激励着去化解苦难。
And if we're so blessed,
如果我们足够幸运的话,
we engage in activities that transform suffering.
我们从事的活动能化解苦难。

演讲介绍

佛教徒琼·哈利法克斯从事的工作是为临终前的人们送行(无论是在安养院还是面对死刑犯)。她与我们分享在面对死亡时她对慈悲心的认识和她对感同身受的深刻体会。

分享到
重点单词
  • capacityn. 能力,容量,容积; 资格,职位 adj. (达到最
  • compassionn. 同情,怜悯
  • partiallyadv. 部份地,一部份地,不公平地
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • separaten. 分开,抽印本 adj. 分开的,各自的,单独的 v
  • sentimentaladj. 感伤性的,感情脆弱的
  • engagev. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚
  • transformvt. 转换,变形 vi. 改变 n. 变形