TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕) 自杀者的生死之桥(4)
日期:2015-06-16 09:36

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

For most suicidal folks,or those contemplating suicide,they wouldn't think of hurting another person.
对于大多数试图自杀者,或考虑自杀的人,他们不会想到会伤害到另一个人,
They just want their own pain to end.
他们就是想结束自己的痛苦。
Typically, this is accomplished in just three ways:
通常,只有三种方法可以实现:
sleep, drugs or alcohol, or death.
睡觉,毒品或酒精,或是死亡。
In my career, I've responded to and been involved in hundreds of mental illness and suicide calls around the bridge.
在我的职业生涯中,我参与了数百起大桥附近的精神疾病和自杀报案。大桥附近的精神疾病和自杀报案。
Of those incidents I've been directly involved with,I've only lost two,but that's two too many.
其中我直接参与的事件里,我只失去了两个,但两个实在太多了。
One was Jason.
一个是杰森。
The other was a man I spoke to for about an hour.
另外一个是名男子,我和他谈了大约一个小时。
During that time, he shook my hand on three occasions.
在那一小时里,他三次与我握手。
On that final handshake,he looked at me, and he said,Kevin, I'm sorry, but I have to go.
最后一次握手时,他看着我说,凯文,我很抱歉,我得走了。
And he leapt.
他一跃而下。
Horrible, absolutely horrible.
太可怕了,真的太可怕了。


I do want to tell you, though,the vast majority of folks that we do get to contact on that bridge do not commit suicide.
但我真的想告诉你们,绝大多数我们在桥上与之有过接触的人都没有自杀。
Additionally, that very few who have jumped off the bridge and lived and can talk about it,that one to two percent,most of those folks have said that the second that they let go of that rail,they knew that they had made a mistake and they wanted to live.
另外,那些跳下桥并且幸存的极少数,那些能说起这件事的人,那百分之一、二的人,其中多数人都说,他们放开护栏的一瞬间,他们知道了自己犯下了一个错误,他们想活。
I tell people, the bridge not only connects Marin to San Francisco,but people together also.
我告诉人们,金门大桥连接的不仅是马林县与旧金山,也连接着人与人之间。
That connection, or bridge that we make,is something that each and every one of us should strive to do.
这种连接,或者我们所建的这座桥,代表着我们每一个人应当为之而努力的东西。
Suicide is preventable.
自杀是可以避免的。
There is help. There is hope.
有帮助,也有希望。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢大家。

演讲介绍
凯文·布里格斯警官从事多年的工作黑暗、不寻常,而且有时会有奇怪的收获:他巡逻的地段是旧金山金门大桥的南端,金门大桥是个热门的自杀地点。在他令人沉思又直指人心的演讲中,布里格斯讲述了站在人生悬崖边的自杀者的故事,他与之有过交谈并且倾听过他们的故事。对于有所爱之人可能在考虑自杀的人们,他给出了一条有力的建议。

分享到