TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):超低成本的大学学位(5)
日期:2015-08-05 16:04

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

By the end of each week,the students take a quiz,hand in their homework,which are assessed by their peers under the supervision of the instructors,get a grade, move to the next week.
每周结束的时候,学生们参加一个测验,提交他们的课外作业,作业会在教师的监督下由同学互相评估,得到成绩,然后继续下一周的学习。
By the end of the course, they take the final exam,get a grade, and follow to the next course.
在课程的末尾,他们参加期末考试,得到成绩,然后开始下一个课程。
We opened the gates for higher education for every qualified student.
我们为每一个合格的学生打开了高等教育的大门。
Every student with a high school diploma,sufficient English and Internet connection can study with us.
每个学生,只要有高中文凭、足够的英语能力和互联网连接,就可以和我们一起学习。
We don't use audio. We don't use video.
我们不使用音频和视频。


Broadband is not necessary.
宽带网络不是必须的。
Any student from any part of the world with any Internet connection can study with us.
来自世界任何一个地方的任何一个学生只要能连接到互联网就可以和我们一起学习。
We are tuition-free.
我们没有学费。
All we ask our students to cover is the cost of their exams,100 dollars per exam.
我们的学生只需要负担考试的成本,每门考试100美元。
A full-time bachelor degree student taking 40 courses,will pay 1,000 dollars a year,4,000 dollars for the entire degree,and for those who cannot afford even this,we offer them a variety of scholarships.
一个全日制本科学位的学生选修40门课,每年将支付1000美元,整个学位需要4000美元,对于连这些也无法负担的学生,我们提供了各种类型的奖学金。
It is our mission that nobody will be left behind,for financial reasons.
没有人会因为经济上的原因而被抛下,这是我们的使命。
With 5,000 students in 2016,this model is financially sustainable.
到2016年,随着5000名学生,这一模式在经济上是可持续的。
Five years ago, it was a vision.
五年前这还是一个畅想,
Today, it is a reality.
而今它成为了现实。
Last month, we got the ultimate academic endorsement to our model.
上个月,我们的模式得到了学术界的最终认可。
University of the People is now fully accredited.
人民大学现在已完全通过认证。
Thank you.
谢谢。
With this accreditation,it's our time now to scale up.
有了这一认证,现在到了我们扩张的时候。
We have demonstrated that our model works.
我们已经展示了我们的模式是可行的。
I invite universities and, even more important,developing countries' governments,to replicate this model to ensure that the gates of higher education will open widely.
我邀请大学,更重要的是,发展中国家的政府,来复制这一模式,来保证高等教育的大门将一直敞开。
A new era is coming,an era that will witness the disruption of the higher education model as we know it today,from being a privilege for the few to becoming a basic right,affordable and accessible for all.
一个新的时代来临了,这个时代将会见证我们今天所知的高等教育模式的瓦解,从一种少数人的特权变为一种基本权力,所有人都可以承担,可以获得。
Thank you.
谢谢。

演讲介绍

在网上人民大学(University of the People),任何一个有高中文凭的人都可以来选修课程并获得商业管理或者计算机科学等学科的学位—没有传统意义上的学费(虽然参加考试需要付费)。创始人沙伊·瑞希夫希望高等教育从少数的人的特权变为一种基本权利,让所有人的都能承担和获取。

分享到