TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):为了理解而游戏(6)
日期:2016-03-01 17:04

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

And originally it was a math problem more or less.
最初它差不多只是一个数学问题的游戏。
Like, here's the economics of illegal immigration.
就像,关于非法移民的经济学问题。
And the more I learned about the Mexican culture my partner is Mexican — the more I learned that,
之后,随着我学到越来越多的墨西哥文化—我的搭档是墨西哥人—我越来越发现,
you know, for all of us, food is a basic need, but,
你知道,对于我们所有人来说,食物是基本的需求,
and it is obviously with Mexicans too, but it's much more than that.
当然对墨西哥人也是,但对他们来说食物的含义远不止如此。
It's an expression of love. It's an expression of,God, I'm totally choking up way more than I thought.
食物是爱的表达。它是—上帝,我没想到我会这么哽咽。
I'll look away from the picture.
我还是先不看这张照片好了。
It's an expression of beauty. It's how they say they love you.
它是美的表达。这是他们表达他们爱你的方式。
It's how they say they care, and you can't hear somebody talk about their Mexican grandmother without saying "food" in the first sentence.
这是他们表达在乎的方式。任何一个墨西哥人谈起他的祖母,第一句中一定会有"食物"。
And so to me, this beautiful culture, this beautiful expression is something that I want to capture through games.
对我来说,这种美丽的文化,这种美丽的表达方式,正是我想要通过游戏捕捉的东西。
And so games, for a change, it changes how we see topics,
因此游戏能够带来改变,它改变了我们讨论主题的方式,
it changes how our perceptions about those people in topics, and it changes ourselves.
它改变了我们对那些主题中人物的看法,它也改变了我们自己。
We change as people through games,
我们通过玩游戏发生改变,
because we're involved, and we're playing,
因为我们既是玩游戏的人,又是游戏的一部分,
and we're learning as we do so. Thank you.
与此同时,我们能学到东西。谢谢。

演讲介绍

严重复杂的悲剧事件一直以来都很难被人理解。当布伦达·布拉思韦特(Brenda Brathwaite)的女儿放学回家,问她有关奴隶制的问题时,她发挥了她的工作技能来回答这个问题——她设计了一款游戏。在“TEDx凤凰城”沙龙上,她介绍了这款游戏出乎意料的有效性,还有其他的一系列类似的游戏。这些游戏都能帮助玩家真正的理解游戏背后的故事。

分享到
重点单词
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • capturevt. 捕获,俘获,夺取,占领,迷住,(用照片等)留存