胡敏读故事记托福单词 第132期:被投诉淹没 Being inundated with complaints
日期:2016-01-04 17:04

(单词翻译:单击)

Being inundated with complaints
被投诉淹没
Listen, McGregor, the chairman began ominously.
听着,迈格莱格,董事长开始说,语气中有不吉利的意思。
The board has been inundated with complaints about your intimate relationship with that pretty assistant of yours.
董事会被有关你和你那个飘来那个助手之间的亲密关系的投诉淹没了。
My intuition tells me that you are simply intoxicated with her, which is fine, as far as the two of you are concerned.
我的直觉告诉我,你简直被她陶醉了,这对你们两人而言,可视为佳话。
Unfortunately, this situation has led to quite a bit of intrigue. This sort of thing invariably leads to trouble.
不幸的是,这种情形导致了阴谋的产生。这种事情总是造成麻烦。
The chairman clearly was not pleased at all.
显然,董事长一点都不高兴。
I don't wish to commit any unnecessary intrusion into your private affairs, the chairman continued, but, I believe, you should be a little bit more introspective and consider the intrinsic damage your actions are causing the Institute.
我不希望对你的私事造成不必要的干扰。董事长继续说,但是,我相信,你应该更多地自省,要考虑你的行为给协会造成的内伤。
Sir, this is an unwarranted invasion of my privacy! McGregor exclaimed angrily.
先生,这是对我的隐私的毫无根据的侵犯!迈格莱格生气地大叫道。
Come on, McGregor, your objection is invalid!
得了,迈格莱格,你的反对无效!
You have always been an intrepid crusader for honesty, as far as others are concerned, and I now find it intriguing that you can't face up to your own reality.
别人认为你一直以来是勇敢的捍卫诚实的人,现在,你却不能面对自己的实际情况,我觉得这很有趣。
I am not interested in invading your privacy, not in the slightest.
我对侵犯你的隐私不感兴趣,一点也不。
It has, however, been intimated to me by members of our supervisory board your relationship of intimacy with young Nancy will require quite and intricate solution, if further damage to the Institute is to be avoided. The chairman went on.
然后,监督委员会的成员已经暗示我,为了避免进一步对协会造成伤害,你和年轻的南茜的亲密关系需要一个很复杂的解决办法。董事长继续说。
McGregor sat in silence.
迈格莱格默默地坐着。
By the way, McGregor, there are also those unresolved reports of discrepancies in the inventory under your control.
迈格莱格,顺便说一下,还有有点,关于你控制的库存品的报告不一致的问题仍然没有解决。
The chairman's tone suddenly became menacing.
董事长的语气突然变成威胁的了。
If you don't shape up and face up to reality, I shall invalidate your contract of employment.
如果你不好好表现,面对现实,我会让你的劳动合同作废。
I don't care about the hardship this would cause to your wife and children.
我不管这将会对你的妻子和孩子造成什么困难。
I have become quite inured to human suffering during my time here at the Institute!
我在协会工作的时间已经让我变得对人类的苦难很习惯了!

分享到
重点单词
  • intrinsicadj. 固有的,内在的
  • instituten. 学会,学院,协会 vt. 创立,开始,制定
  • privacyn. 隐私,隐居,秘密
  • intricateadj. 复杂的,难懂的
  • hardshipn. 艰难,困苦
  • unresolvedadj. 无决断力的;未解决的;不果断的
  • inuredadj. 习惯的 动词inure的过去式及过去分词形式
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • intuitionn. 直觉,直觉的知识