胡敏读故事记托福单词 第131期:仅仅是插曲而已 Merely an interlude
日期:2015-12-31 17:13

(单词翻译:单击)

Merely an interlude
仅仅是插曲而已
Darling, I have something to tell you, Rachel said to Alex as she put her spoon down by her plate.
亲爱的,我有话要对你说,雷切尔边把勺子放在盘子边上,边对亚历克斯说。
I am really very sorry about this, but I have been having my internal doubts for some time now.
我对此真的非常抱歉,我有内心的怀疑已经有一段时间了。
I've come to the conclusion, I'm afraid, that you have been merely an interlude in my life, a kind of intermission, as it were.
很抱歉,我已经得出结论,你仅仅是我生命中的一首插曲,可以说就像岁月中的一个间歇一样。
Our moments of ecstasy have become far too intermittent,she continued.
我们之间狂喜的时刻太断断续续了,她继续说。
I understand you have your own internal problems at the institute but you have allowed them to adversely affect your interpersonal skills.
我知道你在学院有自己内在的问题,但是,你允许那些问题对你的人际关系技巧造成了负面影响。
You see, the intervals between us interlocking our minds and bodies, as it were, have grown longer and longer.
你看,我们把思想和身体结合起来的时间间隔可以说是变得越来越长了。
What's behind all this, hey? Alex interjected.
你究竟想说什么,啊?亚历克斯突然插嘴。
I do wish I would not interrogate you, but it seems to me that our time of interdependence is over, and I really should like to know why.
我真的不希望审问你,但是我觉得我们互相依赖的日子已经结束了,我很想知道为什么。
Well, darling, what's so important about being interdependent, anyway? Rachel replied.
嗯,亲爱的,互相依赖到底有什么重要的呢?雷切尔回答。
Let's just say I have come to understand that we have both come to an intersection in our lives where we shall be taking different roads.
就是说我已经明白了我们都走了生命的十字路口,大家要走不同的路了。
I just wish you would not interfere with me so much as you have been doing.
我只是希望你不要像以前那样妨碍我。
Oh yeah? Alex interjected again.
噢,是吗?亚历克斯又突然插嘴。
While I've been busy traveling in the African interior, you've been sitting here thinking about separation.
当我忙着非洲内陆旅行的时候,你却坐在这里考虑分手。
Alex, dear, I'd prefer you not to put your own interpretation on things, Rachel went on.
亲爱的亚历克斯,我希望你不要给事情加上自己的解释,雷切尔继续说。
The paths of our lives simply no longer intersect.
我们生命的道路不再相交了。
And so, as an intermediate solution, I'd suggest that you stay in the guest bedroom as from tonight.
所以,作为居间的解决办法,我建议你从今晚开始住在客房里。
Darling, don't do this to me! Alex exclaimed. Give us one last chance!
亲爱的,别这样对我!亚历克斯大叫道。给咱们最后一次机会!
Let me find an intermediary to intervene. A counselor's intervention may yet save our marriage.
我找一个中间人来干涉。顾问的介入也许能拯救我们的婚姻。

分享到
重点单词
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • interluden. 中间,中间时间,介在中间的事件
  • interventionn. 插入,介入,调停
  • internaladj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的
  • interpretationn. 解释,阐释,翻译,(艺术的)演绎
  • interrogatev. 质问,讯问,审问
  • interdependencen. 互相依赖
  • counselorn. 顾问,参事,法律顾问 =counsellor
  • instituten. 学会,学院,协会 vt. 创立,开始,制定
  • spoonn. 匙,调羹,匙状物 vt. 以匙舀起 vi. 调情