胡敏读故事记托福单词 第14期:The Way Home 回家的路
日期:2012-07-25 23:17

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

It seemed like a long ascent to the top.
登上山顶的路好长好长。
The mountain appreared barren, as though it had suffered through many years of arid climate.
这座山看起来光秃秃的,似乎饱受了常年的干旱天气。
I had no idea why I have to climbing this mountain.
我不知道自己为什么要爬这座山。
All I could recall was that I had been reading a fascinating artical about climbing.
我只记得当时我正在读一篇关于登山的精彩文章。
But with my arthritis, how could I possibly make it to the top?
但我患有关节炎,怎么可能爬上山顶呢?
Despite my confusion, I ascended the mountain.
糊里糊涂中,我开始登山。
After what seemed like an hour, I stumbled across a small artificial structure. It was hidden behind a large rocks.
约莫一小时后,我跌跌撞撞地走过一个藏在大石块后的小型人造建筑物。
I was shocked to discover that it was an arsenal containing an array of antiquated armor and armament.
我愕然发现这竟是个军械库,里面存放着全系列的古老盔甲和武器。
All of it appeared to be handmade, probably by a 17th century artisan.
这里的一切似乎都是手工制作的,很可能出自一位17世纪工匠之手。
It was a bit scray, so I left quickly and continued my acsent.
这里怪恐怖的,我很快就离开了,继续我的攀登。
Further up, I ran into a man dressed like an aristocrat.
我继续往上走,遇到了一位穿戴类似贵族的男人。
He was articulating some kind of ancient arithmetic.
他正清清楚楚地讲着什么古老算术。
His presence aroused my curiosity.
他的存在引起了我的好奇,
I asked him what he was doing on the mountain.
我便问他在山上做些什么。
He rudely responded,"don't you know where you are?"
他粗鲁的回答到:“难道你不知道自己在哪吗?”
What an arrogant man, I thought to myself.
这人真够傲慢的,我想。
After what felt like another hour, I spotted a small cave.
又过了大约一个小时,我发现了一个小山洞,
I found an old monk living inside.
洞里住这个老和尚。
Foolishly, I offered him some wine.
我竟傻巴拉叽的请他喝葡萄酒。
I should have known that monks practice asceticism.
我应该知道和尚奉行禁欲主义,
But he wasn't offended.
还好他没有生气。
He simply smile and said,"I am indeed an ascetic person."
他只是笑了笑,说道:“我是个真正的禁欲主义者。”
I told the monk that I was tired and missed my home.
我告诉那和尚我好累、好想家。
"Open your eyes" he whispered."You are already home."
“睁开你的眼睛。”他悄悄说道,“你到家了。”
Suddenly, I began to hear the sound of my favorite aria.
我突然听到我最喜欢的咏唱调,
I could sense the aroma of a familiar aromatic substance.
又问道熟悉的香料散发出的芬芳。
It was followed by a familiar voice.
然后,一个熟悉的声音说话了。
"Wake up" my wife said.

“醒醒吧!”妻子说到,
"Here's your coffee! You're late for work."

“这是你的咖啡,你上班要迟到了。”
词语解释

aria n.独唱曲,咏唱调

arid adj.干旱的

aristocrat n.贵族

arithmetic n.算术

armament n.军备,武器

armor n.装甲;装甲车

aroma n.香气,芬芳,芳香

aromatic adj.芬芳的

arouse vt.刺激,激起;唤醒

array n.展示,陈列;一系列


arrogant adj.傲慢的,自大的

arsenal n.兵工厂,军械库

arthritis n.关节炎

article n.论文,文章;物品,条款

articulate vt.清楚的讲话,清晰的发音

artificial adj.人造的,人工的;虚假的,矫揉造作的

artisan n.手工业工人,手艺人

ascend vi.(渐渐的)升高,上升

ascent n.攀登,上升

ascetic n.苦行者,禁欲者;adj.禁欲的,苦行的

asceticism n.禁欲主义

分享到
重点单词
  • artisann. 工匠,技工
  • asceticadj. 禁欲的 n. 苦行者
  • arrayn. 数组,(陈)排列,大批,一系列 vt. 排列,布署
  • ascentn. 上升,上坡路,晋升,提升,追溯
  • aroman. 浓香,香气
  • presencen. 出席,到场,存在 n. 仪态,风度
  • aromaticadj. 芳香的 n. 芳香植物,芳香族化合物
  • asceticismn. 禁欲主义
  • ascendv. 上升,攀登
  • curiosityn. 好奇,好奇心