校园口语第141课:惹是生非
日期:2011-12-06 18:57

(单词翻译:单击)

1. John, if you don't learn how to keep your nose clean, you're going to end up in jail.
约翰,如果你再惹是生非,你总有一天会坐牢的。

2. Let sleeping dog lie.
别惹麻烦。(勿惊卧狗)

3. My brother is ill-tempered, and always stirs up trouble.
我弟弟的脾气很暴躁,常惹是生非。
ill-tempered:脾气暴躁的

4. Don't always try to start something when everything is running smoothly.
当一切都进行得很顺利时,不要总想惹是生非。

5. Don't trouble troubles till trouble troubles you!
不要自找麻烦,除非麻烦来找你。

6. Don't ask for trouble. You'd better run away.
你最好还是走吧,别自找麻烦!

7. He hasn't made a lot of changes to the team since taking over as head coach, figuring if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
他当主教练之后,并未对该队做什么大改变,可能他是觉得没事儿不要乱动吧。
ain't [eint] prep. 不是(等于are not,am not)

8. Do not get involved with politics. That's borrowing trouble.
不要涉足政界,那简直是自找麻烦。

9. I don't want to make trouble, but I have a few suggestions that could make things work more smoothly.
我不是想惹是生非,只是想提几个建议使事情更顺利地进行。

10. Don't go looking for trouble.
别没事找事

分享到
重点单词
  • coachn. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱 v
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • smoothlyadv. 平滑地,流畅地