(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation One
对话一
W: Can I help you?
W:我能帮助你吗?
M: Well, I'm not sure. I hope so. You see, actually I'm getting married soon, and my friends want to buy me presents and things.
M:嗯,我不确定。我希望能。你看,我马上就要结婚了,我的朋友们想给我买礼物和东西。
W: And would you like some things for the kitchen?
W:你想要一些厨房里的东西吗?
M: Yes, that's right. I thought if I could find out about kitchen things, they would be the best sorts of presents.
M:是的,对的。我觉得如果我能找出厨房用具的话,它们将会是最好的礼物。
W: Well, I suppose the first thing you need is a cooker. Do you want an electric one or a gas one?
W:好吧,我猜你需要的第一件东西是一个炉子。你想要电炉还是气炉?
M: Hm. I think I'd probably prefer a gas one. But cookers are very expensive, aren't they? How much is this one?
M:额。我觉得我可能更喜欢气炉。但是气炉都是很贵的,对吧?这一个多少钱?
W: It's 175 pounds, including tax and delivery. It's a very good one though.
W:175英镑,包括税和运费。不过它是非常好的一个。
M: But it's a lot of money, isn't it? What sorts of things could I ask people to buy? You know, cheaper.
M:但是这是一大笔钱,不是吗?我能让人买什么样的东西呢?你知道的,更便宜的。
W: Well, you need some pans, won't you? A set of saucepans, I suppose, and frying pans. Do you like cooking?
W:好吧,你需要一些平底锅,是吗?一套炖锅,我想,还有煎锅。你喜欢烹饪吗?
M: Yes, I suppose so.
M:是的,我想是这样。
W: Well, in that case, you might like a mixer. If you make cakes and things like that, it'll save you a lot of time. And a blender too. That's good if you make soup and things.
W:好的,这样的话,你也许会喜欢一个搅拌器。如果你要做蛋糕或者类似的东西,它会节省你很多时间。还有一个。如果你要做汤之类的东西那挺好的。
M: Hm. That's a thought.
M:嗯。那是一种想法。
W: Something else you might use is a set of these knives, you know, carving knives, bread knives, steak knives, fruit knives, potato peeling knives.
W:另一些你可能会用的是一套这样的刀具,你知道,切肉刀,面包刀,扒刀、水果刀、土豆削皮刀。
M: Heavens! I never knew there were so many sorts.
M:天哪!我从来不知道有这么多种。
W: Oh, yes. Come over here and I'll show you some more.
W:哦,是的。来这边我给你看更多。
Questions 9 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题9到11是基于你刚刚听到的对话的。
9.Why is the man in the kitchenware shop?
问题9. 男人为什么在厨具店?
10.Why does the woman want to know whether the man likes cooking?
问题10.女人为什么想知道男人喜不喜欢烹饪?
11.What does the man say he has never realized?
问题11. 这个男人说他从来没有意识到什么?