(单词翻译:单击)
Question 15:Hi, Susan! Have you finished reading the book Professor Johnson recommended?
问题15:你好,苏珊!你读完强森教授推荐的书了吗?
Oh, I haven't read it through the way I read a novel. I just read a few chapters which interested me.
我没有用原来读小说的方法来读它。我只是读了让我感兴趣的几章。
What does the woman mean?
女人是什么意思?
Question 16:Jane missed the class again, didn't she? I wonder why?
问题16:简又没来上课,对吧?我想知道原因是什么?
Well, I knew she had been absent all week. So I called her this morning to see if she was sick. It turned out that her husband was badly injured in a car accident.
我知道她一周没来了。所以我今早打电话问她是否病了。结果是她丈夫出车祸受重伤了。
What does the woman say about Jane?
关于简,女人说了什么?
Question 17:I'm sure the Smiths' new house is somewhere on the street, but I don't know exactly where it is.
问题17:我确定史密斯的新家就在这条街上,但是我不知道具体在哪了。
But I'm told it's two blocks from their old home.
但是他们告诉我就和原先的房子相隔两个街区。
What do we learn from the conversation?
我们从对话中知道什么?
Question 18: I've been waiting here almost half an hour! How come it took you so long?
问题18:我在这儿快等了你半小时了!你怎么这么慢?
Sorry, honey! I had to drive two blocks before I spotted a place to park the car.
对不起,亲爱的!我开了两个街区才找到停车位。
What do we learn from the conversation?
我们从对话中知道什么?