听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第38期:有人和你一样吗?
日期:2013-05-09 10:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

You double-Damn swear this isn’t some cockamami
你两次发誓说这不是捏造的
Science fiction story or...
科幻小说或者
Next question.
下一个问题
You-You-You realize
你知道
This is an invitation
这是拿安慰药
To men in white suits with happy pills
来邀请不死者.
think about it
想想有没有
A mechanism allowing survival
一种办法能让人
For thousands of years
生存上千年??
Run out of room even faster.
那地球就更不够住了
Then we’d have to go to mars as a colony
然后我们就会殖民火星
As we expanded, as we’d have to.
正如我们的先辈所做的
I’d like that.
我喜欢
On a planet of another star.
在另一个星球上
I envy you
我嫉妒你.
Did you have a pet dinosaur?
你有养恐龙吗?
They were a little bit before my time.
它们在我的年代前
At least something is
至少有些是.
No doubt you could give us a thousand details, john,
毫无疑问 你可以提供上千条细节
Corroborating your story,
来支持你的故事
From the magdalene to the buddha to now
从妓院 到佛祖 到如今.
Ten thousand
1万年,
And you could stay out of the books
不按规律行事.
Oh, it’s getting chilly.
哦 冷起来了
Here, come over here. Join me.
过来 到我这儿来
John That, uh, raises an interesting question, john.
我有个有趣的问题要问你
Could there be others like you
有没有可能还有其他人
Who escaped the aging process as you have?
像你一样躲过衰老?
Representing something terrific
代表了某些未知的
We don’t even know about biolog
神奇的生物学知识y.
We’re learning all the time.
我们不断学习
Yeah, but how would he know
但他怎么会知道呢??
He doesn’t wear an I. D. Badge saying "yabba dabba doo. "
他可没有贴着标签 嘴里高喊"呼恰恰恰"
There was a man in the 1600s.
17世纪我遇到一个人


妙语佳句

1.At least

至少
you should go at least once.
但是你至少应该去一次。

2.mechanism

n. 机制;原理,途径;进程;机械装置;技巧
Applying in person is often the best mechanism for finding a part-time job.
亲自去申请通常是找到兼职工作的最佳途径。

剧情百科

众人的聊天经过一段小插曲以后,仍对约翰的经历兴趣不减。有没有一种办法能让人活上千年呢?有没有人和约翰一样能躲过死神的邀请呢?……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper w
ords

1.You feel empty and sick ______ ______ ______ ______ not being together.
只要想到不能在一起,你就会感到空虚、难受。

2.Therefore, the practice of yoga is holistic -- it attends to our existence ______ ______ ______.

因此,瑜伽的练习是全面的—它视我们的存在为一个整体。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.Hundreds of invitation is issued this week
本周数百张请贴正在发出。

2.If we were fighting for anything, it was just for our own survival.
如果我们是在为什么而战斗,我想那就是我们的生存吧。

分享到
重点单词
  • invitationn. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致
  • survivaln. 生存,幸存者
  • badgen. 徽章,标记,正章,象征 vt. 授给 ... 徽章
  • fictionn. 虚构,杜撰,小说
  • colonyn. 殖民地,侨民,侨居地,聚居(地), 群体,菌落
  • planetn. 行星
  • mechanismn. 机制,原理 n. 机械,机构,结构