听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第21期:伪造了政府申请表
日期:2012-12-20 13:45

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

As you’ve said, there’s talk of my not aging.

像你刚才说的,她们说我不会变老。

And when that happens, I move on.

一旦有人谈起,我就会离开。  

Well, it might make sense to set up your next identity.

这就解释了,你会换下一个身份。  

Your next ten years, and then just drop into it.

计划下一个十年,然后开始实践。  

I’ve done that a few times.

我已经做过几次了。 

Even passed as my own son.

甚至假装成我自己的儿子。  

Oh, you’re an engineer, too?

喔 你也是个工程师?  

You’re ben’s son. He was a good man.

原来你是本的儿子,他是个好人。  

Saves trouble with credentials and references.

能省下很多文书上的麻烦。  

On the other hand, I’ve been busted a few times.

当然我也搞砸过几次。  

Spent a year in jail, belgium.

1862-1862年,我在比利时蹲了一年牢。  

I won’t forget that.

我永远刻骨铭心。  

For faking a government application.

就因为伪造政府申请表。  

When’d you come to america?

你什么时候来美国的?  

1890, right after van gogh’s death.

1890年就在梵高死后不久。  

With some french immigrants.

和一些法国移民一起。  

Moving on.

开始新生活。

An answer for every question.

你回答了所有问题。  

John Except one.john.

除了一个。  

Why’re you doing this?

你为什么告诉我们?

妙语佳句

1.set up

建立;装配;开业;竖立

Using these tips you can set up an effective budget for yourself and your household.

使用这些技巧,你可以为您和您的的家庭设立一个有效的预算。

2.identity

身份;同一性,一致;特性;恒等式

Passports are frequently serviceable in proving the identity of the traveller.

护照往往可用来证明旅行者的身份。

3.credential

证书;凭据;国书

You must find a secure way to store and retrieve this sensitive credential information.

您必须找到一种安全的方法来存储和检索这些敏感的凭据信息。

4.application

应用;申请;应用程序;敷用

The wide application of electronic computers in science and technology will free man from the labour of complicated measurement and computation.

电子计算机在科学技术方面广泛的应用将使人们从复杂的计量和计算中摆脱出来。

5.right after

就在…之后;刚好在…之后

Right after lunch, however, I got a call from the police department.

然后,午餐之后,我接到一个从警局打来的电话。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.这就解释了,你会换下一个身份。

2.能省下很多文书上的麻烦。  

上期参考答案

1.Were there any references?

2.I migrated through an endless flat space.


分享到
重点单词
  • measurementn. 测量,衡量,尺寸,大小
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的
  • retrievevt. 挽回,恢复,回忆,补偿 vi. 找回猎物 n.
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • serviceableadj. 可用的,易于服务的,有用的,耐用的
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • credentialn. 国书,凭据,印信 vt. 提供证明书 adj. 信