听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第20期:你无法再次回家
日期:2012-12-19 14:24

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

Were there any references?

有哪些参照物吗?   

That stuck in your mind?

在你印象中?   

Well, there was a gas station.

呃 有一个加油站。   

And a big field.

和一大片田地。   

I was told I could never go there alone.

我被关照过不能单独去那里。   

And if you went back there today.

那假如你如今再回去。   

Would it be the same?

它还会一样吗?   

No. I’m sure it’s all different and built up.

不会 我想肯定大不一样了,都改建过了。   

Thus the saying "You can’t go home again".

这就应了那句老话"你无法再次回家"。   

Because it isn’t there anymore.

因为它已经不在那儿了。   

Picture it on my scale.

站在我的立场考虑下。   

I migrated through an endless flat space.

我不断地在一望无际的平原迁徙。   

Full of endless new things.

不断接受着新事物。   

Forests, mountains, tundra, canyons.

森林,山川,冻土,峡谷。   

My memory sees what I saw then.

我只记得它们当时的样子。   

My eye sees freeways, urban sprawl.

而如今它们已经变成高速公路,蔓延的城镇。   

Big macs under the eiffel tower.

埃菲尔铁塔下造起了麦当劳,   

Early on, the world got bigger and bigger.

在早期世界变得越来越大。  

And then.

于是。   

Think what I’ve had to unlearn.

想想看我需要修改的地方。   

And now you’re moving on.

而你还是得继续上路。

妙语佳句

1.references

n. 参考文献;参照;推荐信(reference的复数)

v. 附…以供参考;把…引作参考(reference的三单形式)

Also, the transformation performs some cleanup of references and links at this stage.

此外,转换还在此阶段执行一些对引用和链接的清除工作。

2.built up

组合

You also need to have a network of friends, which I have built up through the Abacha case.

你还必须建立广泛的人脉,我就通过阿巴查案件建立起了自己的朋友圈子。

3.scale

n. 规模;比例;鳞;刻度;天平;数值范围

vi. 衡量;攀登;剥落;生水垢

vt. 测量;攀登;刮鳞;依比例决定

The scale is an inch to the mile.

比例是用一吋代表一哩。

4.migrated

vi. 移动;随季节而移居;移往

vt. 使移居;使移植

At this point during the run time migration, only half the nodes have been migrated.

在运行时迁移过程中的这个时间点上,只有一半的节点完成了迁移。

5.eiffel

埃菲尔

Across the river, the following decade, Gustave Eiffel began work on his monumental iron tower as an emblem of industry and science..

接下来的十年,古斯塔夫•埃菲尔开始在河对岸修建他的纪念铁塔,作为工业和科学的象征。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.有哪些参照物吗?  

2.我不断地在一望无际的平原迁徙。 

上期参考答案

1.I like to work with my hands.

2.Where did you live when you were five years old?


分享到
重点单词
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • decaden. 十年
  • migrationn. 移民,移往,移动
  • referencen. 参考,出处,参照 n. 推荐人,推荐函 vt. 提
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登
  • transformationn. 转型,转化,改造
  • urbanadj. 城市的,都市的