听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第27期:到达了印度
日期:2013-01-03 13:01

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏[/page]

That’s when I saw an ocean.

就在那里 我见到了大海。

The mediterranean, probably.

也许是地中海。

It was around the beginning of the bronze age.

大约是青铜时代早期。  

So I followed the trade routes from the east.

我沿着东方的青铜之路。  

Copper, tin.

铜钱,锡币。

Learning languages as I went.

每到一处学习当地语言。

Everywhere, creation myths.

世界各地都在创造神话。

New gods, so many, so different.

新的神明,数量众多,名目繁杂。

I finally realized that it was.

最后我发觉这些都。

Probably all hogwash.

都是无稽之谈。 

So I was sumerian for 2,000 years.

所以我做了2000年苏美尔人。

Then finally babylonian under hammurabi.

然后成为汉莫拉比王的巴比伦人。

Great man.

他是个伟大的国王。  

And I sailed as a phoenician for a time.

后来做为腓尼基人航行了一段时间。  

See, moving on had been easier as a hunter-Gatherer.

这时候迁徙 比史前时期要容易。

Difficult when villages emerged.

但当村落出现的时候就不容易了。

Tougher still in city states where authority was centralized.

集权化的城镇出现后就更难了。  

Strangers were suspect.

陌生人多遭怀疑。

It seemed as though I was always moving on.

由于我需要不停地迁徙。

I learned some new tricks.

我学到了一些小伎俩。 

Even faked my death a couple of times.

甚至有几次伪造了自己的死亡。  

I continued east.

我继续往东走。  

To india.

到达了印度。  

Luckily at the time of the buddha.

正好是释迦摩尼的时代。

Luckily.

真巧。

Most extraordinary man I’ve ever known.

他是我所见过的最特殊的人。

He taught me things.

他传授我知识。

I’d never thought about before.

那些知识我从来都不曾想过。

You studied.with the buddha?

你向佛祖求学?

Until he died.

直至他圆寂。

He knew there was something different about me.

他知道我与众不同。

I never told him.

我从没告诉过他。

This is fascinating.

太神奇了。

妙语佳句

1.mediterranean

n. 地中海

adj. 地中海的

Our allies pressed us to join with them to act against the tyrant and restore order on the south shore of the Mediterranean.

我们的同盟们敦促我们加入他们以实际行动反抗暴君,并且重新恢复地中海南岸的秩序。

2.bronze

n. 青铜;古铜色;青铜制品

adj. 青铜色的;青铜制的

vt. 镀青铜于

vi. 变成青铜色,被晒黑

Not really, because she is made out of bronze and I work with stone.

不全是,因为她是青铜制成的,而我的工作是和石头相关。

3.phoenician

n. 腓尼基人;腓尼基语

adj. 腓尼基的;腓尼基人的

Phoenician spread from its home in modern Lebanon along the northern coast of Africa, where (pronounced in Latin as Punic) it became the language of the Carthaginian empire.

腓尼基语从它的发源地,现在的黎巴嫩,沿着非洲北海岸传播,成为迦太基国语言(在拉丁文中读作为古迦太基语)。

4.moving on

继续前进;勇往直前

Quaritch scans among the trees, seeing vague infrared shapes moving on his screens.

夸里奇扫描树间,他看到红外屏幕上有模糊的影子移动。

5.fascinating

adj. 迷人的;吸引人的;使人神魂颠倒的

v. 使…着迷;使…陶醉(fascinate的ing形式)

But if you find a fascinating passage in a novel or a book of history, there is no standardised way to link to it, which means that the rest of the web cannot benefit from your discovery.

但假如你在一本小说或历史书籍上发现了精彩段落,你却没有任何规范化的方法可以链接到它上面,也就是说,网络上的其他人无法从你的发现中获益。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.大约是青铜时代早期。

2.他知道我与众不同。  

上期参考答案

1.Of a world I knew almost nothing about.

2.Learning how to fit in when I wanted to.


分享到
重点单词
  • vagueadj. 模糊的,不明确的,犹豫不决的,茫然的
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑
  • pronouncedadj. 显著的,断然的,明确的 pronounce的过
  • tyrantn. 暴君,专制的君主,残暴的人
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局
  • restorevt. 恢复,修复,使复原
  • tinn. 罐头,锡,听头 adj. 锡制的 vt. 镀锡于
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • fascinatingadj. 迷人的
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的