听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第31期:你们会认为我疯了吗?
日期:2013-04-17 21:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

No, john, that is not possible.
不 John那不可能
Please, let’s take john’s story
拜托 我们应该关注John这故事
At face value and explore it from that perspective.
本身的意义和将来的研究价值
If he doesn’t scar, it’s no stranger than the rest of it.
他不结疤这点和其他部分比 一点不奇怪
John, would you please stop by my lab, before you take off
John 你能在离开前来一下我的实验室吗?
Suffer a few tests from Your friendly neighborhood biologist.
让你友好的邻居生物学家给你做几项测试
I’m leery of labs.
我对实验室很谨慎
Afraid I might go in and stay for a thousand years
我怕一进去就得呆上几千年
While cigarette smoking men try to figure me out.
然后那些抽着香烟的人会不停研究我
You don’t think that I would betray you?
你该不会觉得我会背叛你吧?
Walls have ears.
隔墙有耳
Medical tests might be a way of proving what you say.
医学测试可以证明你所说的
I don’t wanna prove it.
我并不想证明
So you’re telling us this,
那么你告诉我们
The yarn of the century,
时间旅行的故事
And you don’t care if we believe it or not?
而你不在乎我们相信与否?
I guess I shouldn’t have expected you to.
我不该期待你们相信
You’re not as crazy as you think I am.
你们认为我疯了 但你们没有
Amen.
阿门
I’ve always liked you.
我一直挺喜欢你的
Why, thank you, dear.
谢谢 亲爱的
Now that’s changing.
我开始改观了
Surely you don’t believe this nonsense.
你不会相信这些浑话的吧
I think we should remain courteous to someone
我想我们至少该对我们认识
Who we’ve known and trusted, edith.
和信任的人维持礼貌 伊迪斯
Here you sit-You can’t break his story.
既然你坐在这儿就不该打断他的话
All you can do is thumb your nose at it.
你顶多对他嗤之以鼻
Is that what you’re doing, john?
这就是你想要的 John?
Are you laughing at us inside?
你心里在嘲笑我们吗?
I wish you didn’t feel that way.
我希望你们别这么想
What you’re saying - It offends common sense.
你的故事不符合常识
So does relativity, quantum mechanics-
相对论和量子力学也是
That’s the way nature works.
这些符合自然规律
But your story doesn’t fit into nature as we know it.
据我所知,你的故事可不符合自然规律
But we know so little, dan.
可我们知之甚少 ,
We know so little.
我们知之甚少
How many of you know
在你研究领域内的
Five geniuses in your field
5个天才中 有没有1个
That you disagree with...
是你不赞成
One you would like to strangle?
而且要极力反驳的?
Strangle them all.
我一个都不赞成
It’s bad enough we have to listen
我们听够了哈里的
To harry’s idiotic jokes.
白痴玩笑
Thank you very much, edith.
非常感谢 伊迪斯
Maybe when I’m 110, I’ll be as smart as you are.
也许等我到了110岁 我会和你一样聪明
If you lived as long as john did, You still wouldn’t grow up.
即使你活到了John的岁数,你仍然不会长大


妙语佳句
1.perspective
n.透镜,望远镜;观点,看法;远景,景色;洞察力
Maybe we just need to change our perspective.
也许我们恰好需要改变我们的观点。

2.figure out.

解决;算出;想出;理解;断定

It took them about one month to figure out how to start the equipment.

他们用了大约一个月的时间才弄明白如何启动这台设备。

3.nonsense

n. 胡说;废话

Don't Listen to their nonsense, it's n first of which.

她们胡说八道,根本就没回事。

4.courteous

adj. 有礼貌的;谦恭的

He was a kind and courteous man.

他善良且彬彬有礼。

5.thumb sb· nose at sth·

嗤之以鼻

You can thumb your nose at god and go a totally different way.

你可以藐视神,嘲笑神,与神背道而驰。

剧情百科


约翰说起的他以往的病史,却令朋友们更加惊讶,而且更加怀疑约翰已经是满口胡话,疯了。但是朋友们静下心来想想,约翰并非无故杜撰,只是本来他的经历就是那么的不可思议……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper w
ords

He is devoid of ______.

缺乏常识

He can't _______ the smartest person in the world.

他无法超越世界上最聪明的人

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.I can't keepupwithall the new things

2.None of your nonsense!

分享到
重点单词
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜
  • devoidadj. 全无的,缺乏的
  • courteousadj. 有礼貌的,殷勤的
  • explorev. 探险,探测,探究
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • scarn. 疤痕,伤痕,断崖 v. 结疤,使 ... 有伤痕,
  • yarnn. 纱
  • betrayvt. 误导,出卖,背叛,泄露 vi. 证明 ... 错
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,