(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
That does it.
算了吧。
Put that stuff in the kitchen.
把这些东西放到厨房里吗。
John No, I’m gonna put it in the bathroom, john.
不 把它放进浴室里。
Gas is off, electricity’s on.
天然气停了,但还有电。
Get comfortable while you can.
现在能过得舒服,尽量过得舒服点。
The furniture’s going this afternoon.
家具今天下午就会搬走。
It’s been years since I sat on a floor.
我好几年没坐过地板了。
Heh. I can’t remember her name.
我都记不得她的名字了。
Eh, it’s good for the back.
呃 那样对背部有益。
Can we do yoga exercises?
我们能做瑜伽吗?
tantric yoga, we can.
我们能做密宗瑜伽。
So you’re leaving good old "we teach u. "
John 你这就要走了。
Rather suddenly, you must admit.
太仓促了吧。
John Truth time, john.
说实话吧。
Is there a problem?
有什么困难吗?
No.
没有。
Oh, come on, you know we wanna help.
说吧 我们都很热心的。
That’s appreciated, but really.
我很感激,但真的。
There’s no problem.
没什么困难。
Well, now I am curious.
那我倒要好奇了。
Where are you going?
你要去哪?
Givin’ up tenure.
放弃长期聘用。
A decade of professorship.
十年的教授职位。
In line to chair the department.
相当于学院的管理权。
And you don’t know where you’re going?
而你却不知道你要去哪?
Call it cabin fever.
就算是幽居病吧。
After a while, I get itchy feet.
过一段时间,我就坐不住。
I’ve done this before.
我以前也做过。
No, no, no, you’re too young to have done this before.
不,不,照你的年纪,你不可能做过。
And he hasn’t aged a day in ten years.
而且他10年了都没变老。
妙语佳句
1.stuff
n. 东西;材料;填充物;素材资料
vt. 塞满;填塞;让吃饱
vi. 吃得过多
Don't regurgitate the stuff given in the textbook.
不要照背课本中的东西。
2.electricity
电力;电流;强烈的紧张情绪
Most plastics do not readily conduct heat or electricity.
大多数塑料不易传热或导电。
3.furniture
家具;设备;储藏物
They auctioned off their furniture and clothes.
他们把家具和衣物拍卖掉了。
4.Give up
放弃;交出
I was not ready to quit and give up my journey towards life balance and this is when it hit me.
我不打算放弃和中断我的朝向生活平衡的旅程,而这就是它对我产生影响的时候。
5.professorship
教授职位
Mr Goolsbee cited a desire to return to his Chicago home and to avoid losing his tenured professorship at the University of Chicago as the main reason for his departure.
古斯比表示,这次辞职之举的主要原因是他渴望回到芝加哥的家中,而且也不想失去自己在芝加哥大学的终身教授职位。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.把这些东西放到厨房里吗。
2.而且他10年了都没变老。
上期参考答案
1.it’s the same stretcher as van gogh used.
2.But I wouldn’t really want money for it.