听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第24期:老夫少妻的爱情
日期:2012-12-29 13:50

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

That’s it?

就这样?  

I can work with that.

我没关系。  

If what I’m saying is true.

如果我说的都是真的。

You and any children will age.

你和孩子都会老去。

I won’t.

我却不会。  

And one day I’ll leave.

有一天我会离开。  

You’ll go back to your may-December romances.

你会继续着老夫少妻的爱情。  

The simple fact is.

简而言之。  

That I can’t give you forever.

我不能承诺你永远。  

How long’s forever?

永远是多远?

Who ever really has it?

谁又能真正拥有永远?

My parents split up before I was born.

在我出生前我的父母离婚了。

And then my mom’s next marriage lasted.

我妈妈的第二段婚姻持续了。  

What, a whole three years?

整整3年。  

Then there’s death, illness, acts of god.

接着就是病痛和死亡都是神的旨意。  

No one knows how long they have.

没人知道自己能活多久。  

Or how little.

或是多短暂。  

I love you.

我爱你。  

Take whatever you can get.

我什么都愿意为你付出。  

Like ten years?

那10年呢?  

Why did you do that?

你在干嘛?  

I wanted to see how fast you were. Check your reflexes.

想看你速度怎样 测试你的反应力。  

I don’t have eyes in the back of my head.

我背后可没长眼睛。  

I can’t hear a flea walking.

我也听不到跳蚤走路。  

I am not in any way superman.

我没有特异功能。

妙语佳句

1.romances

n. 冒险故事;风流韵事;传记体文学;浪漫史(romance的复数形式)

v. 虚构;追求;写传记(romance的第三人称单数形式)

They almost take on a different persona, and that can make it easier for some students to engage in summer romances.

他们通常会表现出不同的个性,对于一些学生来说,这样使他们更容易沉浸入夏季恋情中。

2.split up

分裂,分离

Note in particular how the numbers are entered as single tokens, and not explicitly split up as single digits per table cell.

特别注意一下,数字是如何作为单个记号输入的,而不是显式地分裂为每个表格单元的单个数字。

3.illness

病;疾病

She was tutored at home during her illness.

在生病期间, 她在家接受私人教师的辅导。

4.reflexes

反应;条件反射;扑救反应(守门员);放射(reflex 的复数形式)

The reflexes he inspired and provoked can become more conscious movements, to be considered anew.

他所激起和触发的反应可能变为更有意识的行动,受到重新考量。

5.flea

跳蚤;低廉的旅馆;生蚤的动物

Take bubonic plague, for example. The disease is most commonly transmitted to humans through flea bites, and the fleas live on rodents.

以黑死病为例,最常见的方式是通过跳蚤叮咬传染给人类,而跳蚤在啮齿类动物身上生存。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.你和孩子都会老去。

2.想看你速度怎样。

上期参考答案

1.Least he doesn’t appear to be dangerous.

2.I’ve gotten over it too many times.


分享到
重点单词
  • inspiredadj. 有创见的,有灵感的
  • consciousadj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的 n. 意
  • explicitlyadv. 明白地,明确地
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • engagev. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案