听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第33期:永生不代表不死
日期:2013-04-21 16:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

People do go around armed these days.
现在人们出门都会武装自身
If I shot you, john - You’re immortal?
如果我向你开枪 你会不死吗?
Would you survive this?
你能幸存吗?
I never said I was immortal, just old.
我从没说过我是不死之身 只是个老人
I might die.
我也许会死
And then you could wonder
然后你就可以
The rest of your incarcerated life what you shot.
在监狱里思考你射中了什么
Well, uh, may I?
呃 我可以 ?
Preferable to a gun.
更希望是支枪
Will, that was a bit much.
威尔 你太过了
Ooh. Books.
哦 是书
Doctorates.
博士学位
Yes, you have grown and changed.
是 你是长大了 改变了
But there is always innate nature.
但人总有些天性
Wouldn’t you be more comfortable
你会喜欢在
Squatting in the backyard?
后院里蹲着吗?
Sometimes I do, will.
有时候会威尔
Look up at the stars.
抬头望天
Wonder.
思考
And what did primitive man make of them?
那么原始人对它们怎么看?
A great mystery.
一团迷惑
There were gods up there then.
那时天上住着神仙
Shamans who knew about them told us.
能窥探天机的萨满法师告诉我们的
They still do.
他们仍然能
Have you ever wished it would end?
有时你希望生命结束吗?
No.

Fourteen thousand years.
1’4000年
Injuries, illness, disasters
受伤 生病 天灾.
You’ve survived them all.
你统统克服了
You’re a very lucky man.
你非常幸运
Come in.
进来
John oldman?
约翰 奥德曼?
Yes.
是的
Charity now. We’re here to pick up the furniture
我们是慈善会的 我们来这里收家具.
It’s all yours.
都归你们了
Here, take this chair.
来 把这椅子拿走
I’m gonna go drink in the corner.
我到角落里去喝
You’re, uh... you’re donating it?
你 你捐了它们?
Everything?
所有家具?
I’ll get more.
我会拥有更多的
Do you always travel this light?
你每次都轻装上路吗?
It’s the only way to move.
这是唯一的方法
Oh, you

You’ve talked a good deal
你已经谈了很多
About your extraordinary amount of living.
关于生存的奇迹
What do you think of dying, john?
你对死亡怎么看?
Do you fear death?
你害怕死亡吗?
Who wouldn’t?
谁不害怕?
How did primitive man regard death?
原始人怎么看待死亡?
Well, we had the practical concept.
我们已有实际的概念
You know, we stopped,
人们停止
Fell down, didn’t get up,
倒下 再也不起来
Started to smell bad, come apart.
开始变臭 分解


妙语佳句
1.incarcerate

vt. 监禁;下狱;禁闭
adj. 监禁的;禁闭的
They were incarcerated for the duration of the war.
他们在战争期间被监禁。

2.innate

adj. 先天的;固有的;与生俱来的
Correct ideas are not innate in the mind.
人的正确思想不是自己头脑中固有的。

3.extraordinary

adj. 非凡的;特别的;离奇的;临时的;特派的
The task requires extraordinary patience and endurance.
这项工作需要非凡的耐心和毅力。

剧情百科


永生就是不死之身吗?显然不是,约翰也是经过生死劫难的人,只不过他有足够的好运让他活到今天,那么对于约翰以前的同伴——原始人来说,死亡究竟是怎么一回事呢?

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper w
ords

1.Though I'd never ______ ______ ______ looking at my idol!
但是看我喜欢的电视剧我是永远不会觉得厌烦的。

2.I simply gave in to him, and I've ______ it ever since.
当时我轻易向他屈服了,到现在我一直后悔。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.His death marked the end of an era.

2.No one survived in the crash.

分享到
重点单词
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的
  • preferableadj. 更好的,更合意的
  • endurancen. 忍耐,忍耐力,耐性
  • conceptn. 概念,观念
  • patiencen. 耐心,忍耐,毅力 n. 单人玩的牌戏
  • durationn. 持续时间,期间
  • primitiveadj. 原始的 n. 原始人,文艺复兴前的艺术家
  • innateadj. 天生的,固有的
  • charityn. 慈善,慈善机关(团体), 仁慈,宽厚
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.