听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第13期:最后统领我的部落
日期:2012-12-03 20:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

You want more?
你们想知道更多吗?   
By all means. This is great.
当然,这个故事相当好。   
All right, now.
好吧,现在。   
So you think that you are a.
你觉得你是那个。
A, uh, cro-Magnon.
那个穴居人。   
Well, I didn’t learn it in school.
这点不是老师教的。   
That’s my best guess.
我猜这是最好的解释。   
Based on archaeological data, maps, anthropological research.
根据考古学数据,地图,考古研究。   
Since mesopotamia.
从美索不达米亚平原起。   
I’ve got the last 4,000 years straigh.
我已经理清了距今4’000年。   
You’re ahead of most people, so please, go on.
你的思维跳跃在大多数人之前,所以请继续。   
Well, you know the background stuff.
你们已经了解了背景知识。   
So I’ll make it brief.
所以我会尽量简短。   
In what I call my first lifetime.
在被我称作我的第一世。   
I aged to about 35.
我长到35岁。   
What you see.
就是你们看到的样子。   
I ended up leading my group.
我最后统领我的部落。   
They saw me as magical.
我被当做拥有魔力的。   
I didn’t even have to fight for it.
我甚至都不需要决斗。   
Then fear came, and they chased me away.
后来他们由于害怕,将我驱逐了。
妙语佳句
1.Based on
以…为基础,基于
But they do so based on their expectations of future trends in supply and demand, not on whims.
但他们这样做是基于他们对未来供应和需求趋势的期望,而不是随心所欲。
2.anthropological
人类学的;人类学上的
It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously.
对于我来说,每人心中有一个自己的上帝这一人类学观点,我并没有严肃认真地看待。
3.ahead of
在…之前
The soldiers probed cautiously ahead of them for mines.
士兵们小心翼翼地探测前方的地雷。
4.stuff
n. 东西;材料;填充物;素材资料
vt. 塞满;填塞;让吃饱
vi. 吃得过多
Don't regurgitate the stuff given in the textbook.
不要照背课本中的东西。
5.chased
雕刻
The poor duckling was chased and harassed by all the ducklings because he was very ugly.
这只可怜的小鸭被所有的小鸭追逐和骚扰,因为他长得很丑。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.你觉得你是那个。  
2.我已经理清了距今4’000年。  
上期参考答案
1.We were just talking about a caveman.
2.I wanna read that story when you’re done.

分享到
重点单词
  • ducklingn. 小鸭子
  • archaeologicaladj. 考古学的,考古学上的
  • supplyn. 补给,供给,供应,贮备 vt. 补给,供给,提供,
  • magicaladj. 魔术的,有魔力的,神奇的
  • conceptn. 概念,观念