听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第05期:这杯给寿星
日期:2012-11-15 18:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

John There are over-The-Counter remedies for that, john.
对付这种病,我有特效药。   
So there is a problem.
你果然有问题。  
No.
不。   
I just like to move on now and then.
我只是喜欢时不时地搬家。   
It’s a personal thing.
这是个人问题。  
Well, not to pry.
我不是想打听。   
I’m sorry I don’t have more to offer you.
不好意思,我没什么可招待你们的。   
Got conversation, some seats for your behinds.
要聊天的话,后边有些凳子。   
And, uh.
还有,呃。   
is he ducking out on us again?
他是不是又岔开话题了? 
I do have this.
我有这个。   
Oh ho ho! Johnny walker green!
哦 吼吼,尊尼获加绿。   
Didn’t even know they made it in green.
我都不知道包装是绿色的。   
What do they pay you?
他们该付你多少?   
Nothing is too good for my friends.
好东西要大家分享。   
But I’m sorry We are down to plastic cups now.
不过,对不起,现在这儿只有塑料杯子。   
That’s a sacrilege I’ll tolerate.
我会原谅这种亵渎的。   
I will do the honors.
我来招待大家。   
Oh, come to papa.
哦,来吧。   
Ooh! Here, cups, cups.
这儿,杯子,杯子。   
There we go.
开始了。   
Step on in here.
到这儿来。   
There ya go.
给你满上。   
One for the birthday boy Excuse me. Art?
这杯给寿星,让让,安特。  
No, not for me.
不,不是我。   
Oh, no, I don’t drink.
哦,不,我不会喝。   
We’re not gonna card you, darling.
亲爱的,我们不查身份证。   
All right, here, join the circle at least.
行了,至少得加入我们吧。   
Well, to long life and good fortune
长命百岁,财源滚滚。   
To our esteemed friend.
敬我们的好朋友。   
John Oldman And colleague, john oldman.
和同事。   
May he find undeserved bliss.
祝他找到不应得的幸福。   
Wherever he goes.
不论他走到哪里。   
Here, here.
干,干。
妙语佳句
1.remedies
救济方法(remedy的复数)
There is no effective enforcement mechanism and remedies for workers at all.
根本不存在有效地执行机制和对工人的补救措施。
2.move on
往前走,前进;出发,离开
Nevertheless, you should always be prepared for the day you have to move on.
但是,你应该随时做好准备,也许有一天你必须离开。
3.conversation
交谈;会话;社交
Someone has been listening in on my telephone conversation.
有人一直在窃听我在电话中的谈话。
4.sacrilege
冒渎;亵渎圣物;悖理逆天的行为
Although some would probably declare this sacrilege, the similarities between both bands, at least in terms of make-up and influences are blindingly obvious for all to see.
虽然有些人会断言这是一种亵渎,因为两支乐队的相似性——至少在装扮上和受到的影响上——对所有人都是毋庸置疑的明显。
5.esteemed
adj. 受人尊敬的
v. 尊敬;认为(esteem的过去分词)
As for John, he was a man I so esteemed as a colleague and so loved as a friend that his loss is indescribable.
至于约翰,他是我视为同仁的人,我十分尊敬他,作为朋友我又是如此爱戴他,他的离去,损失实乃不可估量。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.我都不知道包装是绿色的。  
2.祝他找到不应得的幸福。
上期参考答案
1.Would give anything to have that secret.
2.we’ve already covered that.

分享到
重点单词
  • colleaguen. 同事
  • declarev. 宣布,声明,申报
  • esteemn. 尊敬 vt. 认为,尊敬
  • toleratevt. 容忍,忍受
  • blissn. 福佑,天赐的福
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • mechanismn. 机制,原理 n. 机械,机构,结构
  • remedyn. 药物,治疗法,补救 vt. 治疗,补救,矫正
  • neverthelessadv. 仍然,不过 conj. 然而,不过
  • circlen. 圈子,圆周,循环 v. 环绕,盘旋,包围