They promise to keep an eye on the house for us.
keep an eye on sth.意为“照看;密切注视”。如:
It isn't easy to concentrate on your work when you've got to keep an eye on a baby who is crawling all over the places.
1. keep body and soul together意为“勉强维持生活”。如:
He is so poor that he cannot keep bo勿and soul together.
2. keep it to yourself意为“保密”。如:
You should keep it to yourself-otherwise you'll be in big trouble.
3. keep my fingers crossed意为“交叉手指;祈求某事成功”。如:
I will keep my f ngers crossed for you today.
4. keep one's head above water意为“活下去;不负债”。如:
Earning barely enough to support the family, father was quite happy only if he cauld keep his head above water.
5. keep one's shirt on意为“要保持冷静’。如:
Keep your shixt on, Harry; we have plenty of time to catch the train.