BEC中级真题第4辑精听:Test4-Part One(3)
日期:2013-09-06 10:06

(单词翻译:单击)

Woman: New Vision, Conference Department, Janet Edwards speaking.
女:这里是新视野公司会议部,我是珍妮特·爱德华兹。
Man: Hello. This is Nick Brown from Business News. I hear you're running a rather special conference in Newcastle.
男:你好,我是商业新闻的尼克·布朗。听说你们要在纽卡斯尔举行一个特别会议。
Woman: You mean our event on the tenth of October?
女:你说的是我们10月10日要举行的活动么?
Man: Yes. Can you tell me something about it, so I can mention it in our paper?
男:是的。你能告诉我这次活动的细节么,我可以在我们的报纸上提及。
Woman: Certainly. The name should give you a clue—we're calling it 'Innovations'. Not the usual 'Better Sales Techniques', etc.
女:没问题。本次活动的名字就是一条线索—我们称此次活动为‘创新’。而不是普通的‘更好的销售技巧’等等。
Man: That sounds very forward-looking. I assume it's about new developments in technology?
男:这听起来很有远见。是关于技术的新发展,对么?
Woman: We thought there were too many seminars on that. We're focusing on human resources instead.
女:我们认为关于技术的研讨会有太多了。相反我们要专注于人力资源。
Man: New ways of approaching it, I suppose. Interesting! So, who have you got to lead it?
男:处理它的新方法。很有趣!所以你们的会议引导人是谁呢?
Woman: Well, this is a little different, too—Daniel Christie.
女:嗯,也和之前有些不同,是丹尼尔· 克里斯蒂。
Man: Is he the man from Cambridge Business School who's just written that book on incentive schemes?
男:那个来自剑桥商业学院,刚写完激励方案相关书籍的人?
Woman: I believe teamwork is actually his field.
女:我认为团队合作正好是他的领域。
Man: So, for example, the way people interact... Any other special features?
男:例如,人们相互影响的方式...还有其他特别之处么?
Woman: We're planning some practical and very unusual workshops about motivation. I think that'll cause a few surprises.
女:我们计划了一些实用且非常特别的关于动机的特别研习会。我认为这会带来一些惊喜。
Man: How 'unusual'?
男:有多么‘不同寻常’呢?
Woman: Come and see for yourself. I'll send you complementary ticket.
女:拭目以待吧。我会给你发一张补价票。
Man: Thank you. I will.
男:谢谢。我会去的。

分享到
重点单词
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • complementaryadj. 补充的,互补的
  • unusualadj. 不平常的,异常的
  • incentiveadj. 刺激的,鼓励的 n. 刺激,鼓励,动机
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为