(单词翻译:单击)
Man: Hello. Could I speak to Bob Cole in Purchasing, please?
男:你好。请让采购部的鲍勃·科尔接一下电话。
Woman: I'm afraid he's out of the office for the day. Can I take a message?
女:对不起,他今天不在办公室。要我传话吗?
Man: Yes, please. It's Alex Parker from Pilton Engineering.
男:好的,谢谢。我是皮尔顿工程公司的亚历克斯·帕克。
Woman: Oh yes. We ordered some packaging machines from you, didn't we?
女:噢,对了。我们从您那订购了一些包装机,对么?
Man: That's right, but I'm going to have to postpone the delivery date. We're having problems finding the right lifting machinery for them.
男:没错,但是交货日期不得不往后延迟。我们找不到合适的起重机械。
Woman: I see.
女:我明白。
Man: Now, under the terms of the contract I signed, there is a penalty clause for late delivery.
男:现在根据我们签署的合同,延期交货有相应的违约罚金条款。
But I'm hoping Bob will waive that, since I also agreed to a very good bulk discount.
但是我希望鲍勃能够免除罚金,毕竟我也同意给你们不错的优惠折扣。
Woman: I'll check for you.
女:我会帮您确认一下的。
Man: Thanks. I've decided that, as we're doing the maintenance, I won't charge for installation.
男:谢谢。由于我们在做维修,我已经决定不收安装费了。
Woman: OK. I've got that.
女:好的。我明白了。
Man: Oh, and one more thing—I can't find anything in the contract about who's dealing with insurance while the goods are on the road.
男:噢,还有一件事—合同里好像没有提到商品运输途中的保险费用由谁支付。
Woman: I'll check that.
女:我会进行核实。