欧美人文风情(视频+文本+字幕)第275篇:给你100美金 你会做什么
日期:2017-03-24 06:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原味人文风情:

Am I in the right spot?
我在这里对吗?
There we go.
好了。
It's kind of awkward.
有点尴尬。
We gave eight different households 100 dollars to spend on groceries.
我们给八个不同家庭一百块美金来购买食品杂货。
I would say I'm really striving to be middle class, but I don't know if I am quite yet.
我会说我非常努力要跻身中产阶级,但我还不知道我到底是不是。

I live on campus with three other girls.
我和其他三个女生住在学校里。
We met online and it was love at first email.
我们在网络上认识,那是一「件」钟情。
I am married, and I have two kids.
我已婚,然后有两个孩子。
What would you buy with 100 dollars?
你会用一百块美金买什么?
What does a hundred dollars mean to you
一百块美金对你来说是什么?
A hundred dollars means food for a week.
一百块美金代表一个礼拜的食物。
A hundred bucks means, like, a couple days' worth of money, or one frivolous night of indulgence.
一百块美金代表,象是,几天的花费,或是一个不必负责的放纵夜晚。
There are, like, families back in India for whom that's like the monthly incomes.
印度有一些家庭,那数目对他们来说就象是整个月的收入。
Before I had kids, I didn't grocery shop.
在生小孩前,我不采购食品杂货的。
Having kids now is crazy at times. No, Vincent. Stay still.
现在有了小孩有时候实在很疯狂。不行,Vincent。不要乱动。
Money means...getting by.
钱代表着...勉强能糊口。

275.jpg

Are you guys unemployed?
你们失业吗?
Yeah.
对。
Uh, yeah, unemployed.
呃,对,没工作。
Starving artists sort of thing, I think, yeah.
养不起自己的艺术家之类的,我想,没错。
My parents are extremely tight with money, yes.
我爸妈的经济非常吃紧,对。
Do you feel like you're the same?
你觉得自己也一样吗?
No.
不。
Yes, I collect Social Security—not near enough, by the way. I get 1,100 dollars a month—puts me pretty close to, if not under, the poverty level.
是的,我领社会福利金--顺带一提,远远不够。我每个月有一千一百块美金--就算没有在贫穷线下,也让我离贫穷线颇近了。
I would say I drink probably...at least six days a week.
我会说我大概喝...每个礼拜至少会喝六天。
Uh, I think we've been out to eat twice in the last year—Mexican food and pizza.
呃,我想我们去年去外面吃过两次饭--墨西哥菜和披萨。
Usually every day I have pizza rolls, pizza-related stuff.
通常我每天都吃披萨卷,和披萨有关的东西。
Why?
为什么?
Because it's pizza.
因为那是披萨啊。
I'm always thinking budget. I mean, I'm thinking practical. If I'm feeling tight on money, it definitely causes stress.
我一直都在考量预算。我的意思是,我想得很实际。如果我觉得手头紧,那绝对会造成压力。
I don't think I'm good with money at all.
我觉得我对金钱一点都不在行。
Does somebody have a wine key? Are you serious?
有人有开瓶器吗?你是认真的吗?
The Simple Dollar—your personal finance platform.
The Simple Dollar--你的个人理财平台。

分享到