(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Hey, Miles.
麦斯
Hi, Vicki. Wow, you look beautiful.
薇朵.你看起来好美
Thanks. Um, this is Ken Cortland, my husband.
谢谢.这是肯恩.我的丈夫
How are you? - How are you?
你好吗? - 你好吗?
Good, thanks. - Yeah, yeah. Nice to meet you.
很好,谢谢 -很高兴见到你,
You're a lucky guy. - Yes, I am. Thank you.
你是个幸运男人是的,谢谢你,
Well, I'll just wait for you at the car.It was great meeting you, Miles. - Ken.
我在车里等你.很高兴见到你,麦斯 -肯恩
Well, that was big of him. - Yeah, he's good that way.
他很大方 - 他这一点很好.
He's very considerate. - That's great.
他非常能替人着想 - 太好了
So how are you doing? Since the last time we spoke? I don't know.
你最近如何?自从上次我们说话后 -我不知道
Could be better. Could be worse.
可以更好,也可以更坏
So what's happening with your book? - Um, universally rejected. Strike three.
你的书怎么样了? - 普遍性的被拒绝了,三振出局
Oh, Miles, that's awful.What are you gonna do?
麦斯,那太糟糕了 你要怎么办?
Back to the drawing board, I guess. Or not. I don't know.
回到发想阶段,或者不,我不知道
So, anyway, you're married. Congratulations. You look happy.
不说这个,你结婚了.恭喜,你看起来很快乐
I am. - Good.
我是很快乐 -很好
Seems like everybody's getting married.
好像大家都要结婚了
Last year was all divorces. This year it's all weddings.
去年都是离婚,今年都是结婚
Cyclical, I guess. - I guess.
我想这是循环性的. - 我想也是
Well, uh, what do you say we hit the reception? Have some champagne, toast the newlyweds, huh?
不如我们去参加宴会?喝点香槟,向新人敬酒
Not me. I'm not drinking.
我不喝酒
You quit drinking. Really? - I'm pregnant.
你戒酒了? - 我怀孕了
I see. Yes, I see. Great.
是吗?是的,我了解,太好了
Well, congratulations again, Vicki. Boy, that's wonderful news.
再次恭喜你,薇朵 那真是个好消息
See you over there, Miles? - Yeah.
我们那边再见,麦斯 -好
妙语佳句
Create ( pt. & pp. created)
vt.创造,创作;产生;封爵,把…封为(贵族)
vi.[英][俚]大发脾气,大发牢骚
She could create a fight out of anything...
她能无故挑起事端 。
It is really great for a radio producer to create a show like this...
电台监制能够制作出这样的节目真是不简单 。
------------------------------------------------------
Disadvantage
n.不利,劣势,短处;损失
His two main rivals suffer the disadvantage of having been long-term political exiles...
他的两个主要竞争对手因长期政治流亡而处于不利的地位 。
The children from poor families were at a distinct disadvantage...
来自贫困家庭的孩子们处于明显的不利地位 。
Depression is the third thing that works to my patients' disadvantage.
抑郁是威胁我的病人健康的第三大杀手 。
------------------------------------------------------
In proportion to
相对于某事物来说,与某事物成比例
Will you contribute in proportion to your incomes, or equally?
家庭支出按收入比例,还是平摊?
------------------------------------------------------
Impress on
把…印[压]在…上;使铭记
My father impress on me the importance of hard work.
我父亲要我牢记努力工作的重要性 。
红酒品尝编辑
第三步:观酒 。红酒的那种红色足以撩人心扉,红酒斟酒时以酒杯横置,酒不溢出为基本要求 。在光线充足的情况下将红酒的杯横置在白纸上,观看红酒的边缘,层次分明者多是新酒,颜色均匀者是有点岁数了,如果微微呈棕色,那就有可能碰到了一瓶陈年佳酿 。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Photography often blurs the _____ between art and reality.
摄影技术经常模糊了艺术和真实之间的区别 。
2.I certify _____ _____ _____ that she is innocent.
我用人格担保她是清白无辜的 。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.America starts with one big disadvantage.
美国一开始就处于不利地位 。
2.Are men wise in proportion to their age?
人的智慧与他们的年龄成比例吗?