(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
You guys should come bythe restaurant for lunch today.
你们今天应该到我们餐厅吃午饭
Great.What's the latest we can get there? - About 2:30.
很好,我们最晚可以什么时候到? - 大概2:30 。
Did you hear about this Bordeauxtasting dinner down in Santa Barbard on Saturday night?
你有没有听说圣巴巴拉有个波尔多酒品尝大会在这个周六晚上?
It's kind of pricey but if you wanted to go I'd be into it.
有点贵,不过你如果愿意去的话,我也去 。
Why don't you just stayfor the weekend?
你们为什么不能过了这个周末再走?
No we have to get back Fridayfor the rehearsal dinner.
不行,我们必须得星期五回去排演晚餐 。
What rehearsal dinner?Who's getting married?
为什么要排演晚餐?有人要结婚了么?
Were you ever gonna say anything? -
你是不是根本什么都不打算说? -
Yes of course I was.Just now I could've told yousome story but I didn't.I tould you the truth.Maya!
我当然打算告诉你 。就刚才,我本来可以编个故事骗你,但我没有 。我已经说实话了!玛雅!
Don't touch me!Just take me home.
别碰我!送我回家 。
Do you have any ideawhat he's been saying to her?
你知不知道他对她都说了些什么?
He's an actor so it can't be good. - Only that he loves her.
他是个演员,所以不会是什么好话. - 只是他又多爱她 。
How she's the only woman that's everrocked his world how he adores siena...
她是唯一一个震撼他世界的女人,他多么喜欢锡耶纳 。
How he wants to move here andget a place with the two of themand commute when he has to.
他多么想搬到这儿来 。买个地方和她俩住一起,他可以跑通了 。
I'm sure he believed every word of it.Please believe me.
我肯定他自己都以为自己说的每个字都是真的呢 。请相信我 。
I was on the vergeof telling you last night but
我昨晚差一点就要告诉你真想了 。不过 。 。
But you wanted to fuck me first.
不过你想先操了 。
Oh Maya.No. - Yeah.
不,玛雅 。 - 是的
You know, I've just spent the last three years of my life trying to extricate myself from a relationship that was full of deception. and I'm doing just fine.
你知道,我花了将近三年的时间…试着从一个充满谎言的感情中挣脱.而我做得很好
And I haven't been with anybody since my divorce...
自从离婚后 我还未曾和任何人在一起
so this has been a big deal for me, Maya.
这对我来说是件大事 犸雅
Hanging out with you and, uh... and last night. I really like you, Maya...
和你在一起和昨晚的事情.我真的很喜欢你,犸雅
and I am notJack. I'm... I'm...I'm his freshman year roommate from San Diego State.
而且我不是杰克 我…我是.我是他在圣地牙哥州立大学 大一时的室友
妙语佳句
Distant
adj.遥远的;冷漠的,冷淡的;远离的,远隔的;不太清晰的
There is little doubt, however, that things will improve in the not too distant future...
不过事情在不久的将来会有所改善,这几乎毋庸置疑 。
He found her cold, ice-like and distant...
他觉得她冷若冰霜,拒人于千里之外 。
------------------------------------------------------
Ridiculous
adj.可笑的,荒谬的;荒唐的,愚蠢的;胡枝扯叶
It is ridiculous to suggest we are having a romance...
暗示我们正在谈恋爱的说法真是太荒谬了 。
It was an absolutely ridiculous decision.
这是一个绝对荒谬的决定 。
------------------------------------------------------
Hire (pp. & pt. hired)
vt.聘用;录用;雇用;租用
vi.受雇;得到工作
n.租金;酬金,工钱;[非正式用语] 被雇佣的人;销售部的两个新雇员
He will be in charge of all hiring and firing at PHA.
他将负责公共房产管理局所有人员的雇用和解聘事务 。
They booked our hotel, and organised car hire...
他们为我们订好了旅馆并安排了租车事宜 。
------------------------------------------------------
Repel (pp. & pt. repelled)
vt.击退;使厌恶;抵制;使不愉快
They have fifty thousand troops along the border ready to repel any attack.
他们有5万人的部队驻扎在边境,随时准备击退任何进攻 。
She was very striking but in some way I felt repelled.
她非常引人注目,但我觉得她有些讨厌 。
------------------------------------------------------
In conclusion
最后,综上所述
So in conclusion I'd say we really are just at the start of this.
如此在结论中我将会刚好真的说我们是这在开始 。
------------------------------------------------------
Go into effect
生效;施行
The change is set to go into effect from january 1.
欧盟的规定将从明年1月1日起生效 。
------------------------------------------------------
In front of
在…前面;当着…的面;面前
Suddenly, a dog ran in front of alizon.
忽然间,一只狗在艾丽森面前跑着 。
概念区分
葡萄酒的成分:葡萄酒不仅是水和酒精的溶液,它有丰富的内涵:
E.每公升0.2到5克的糖份 。不同类型的酒含糖份多少不同 。
F.芳香物质(每公升数百毫克),它们是挥发性的,种类很多 。
G.氨基酸、蛋白质和维生素(C,B1,B2,B12,PP) 。它们影响着葡萄酒的营养价值 。
所以,适量饮用葡萄酒是对人体健康有益的,可以保护血管,防止动脉硬化,降低胆固醇 。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Even the hindu nationalists in the _____ seem to have gotten the message.
甚至印度国籍的代表似乎也明白了这些信息的意思 。
2.Not got anyone you can _____ _____?
你不能得到任何人的信任吗?
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.Political accountability will be a distant memory.
政治问责制将成为一个遥远的记忆 。
2.The new rules are scheduled to go into effect ondecember 15th.
这项新规定计划将于12月15日生效 。