(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Ah! - Well, hello!
啊 -哦,你好!
Hello, Mrs. Erganian. How are you? - Come on in.
艾太太好,最近如何? -进来吧
Thank you. Is Jack still here? - Yes.
非常感谢,杰克还在这里吗? -是的
Look what the cat dragged.
看看猫儿带回了什么猎物
Hi, everybody. Sorry. - Hey.
大家好,很抱歉 -嗨 。
Somebody finally arrived. You finally got here. Mr. Prompt.
有人终于到达了 。终于来了,准时先生
Oh, remember my kids? Alex, Helen? - Hi. How are you?
记得我的小孩,艾力和海伦吗? -记得,你们好
We were thinking maybe you went the wrong way, you went to Tijuana...
我们以为你走错路了
Right. - And they don't let you back.
你去了摩西哥的提华纳 而且他们禁止你回美国
Yes! Yes! - Daddy! I had to bribe them.
是的,我还需要贿赂他们
Hey, Miles. - Hey. How are you, Christine?
你好,麦斯 - 你好吗?克莉丝汀
Yeah, the freeway was unbelievable. Unbelievable. It was bumper-to-bumper the whole way.
是啊,高速公路 实在让人太难以置信了…一路来都塞车
People getting an early start on the weekend, I guess.Granted, I got a late start, but...
大家都想早点度周末 。而且我还晚出发
Well, we're just glad you made it.
我们很高兴你终于到了
Christine, why don't you ask Miles about the cake?
克莉丝汀,让麦斯 尝尝看蛋糕好不好吃?
Oh, good idea. Come with me. - What's this?
好主意,跟我来 -怎么回事?
We don't really have time for that, 'cause we gotta hit the road.
甜心,我们没有时间了
Oh, come on.! It's just gonna take a second.! - Yeah.
只要一下下就好了.对啊
Jack tells us you are publishing a book. Congratulations.
杰克跟我们说你要出书了,恭喜
Uh... - Yes, congratulations.
是的,恭喜你
Yes, well, uh, it's not exactly finalized yet.
是,还没有真正确定要出版
So... There has been some interest, and... - Your friend is modest.
但是有些人有兴趣 - 你的朋友好谦虚
Oh, come on, Miles. Don't be so modest. Indulge them.
麦斯 别太谦虚,让他们满足一下
Don't make me out to be a liar. - What is the subject of your book?
别让我当个撒谎的人啊 。 - 你的书是关于什么主题的?
Nonfiction? - Uh, no. It's... It's a novel.
写实类吗? -不,是小说,
Fiction. Yes.
非写实的?
-Oh.Although there is quite a bitfrom my own life...
哦,不过有很多部分取材于我自己的生活 。
so I suppose that, technically, some of it is nonfiction.
那我想技术上 其中一部分是写实的
Good. I like nonfiction. There is so much to know about this world.
很好,我喜欢写实类 世界上有太多值得学习的
I think you read something somebody just invented it, waste of time.
我觉得阅读想像出来的东西 是很浪费时间的
That's an interesting perspective.
那是很有趣的角度
So, which one do you like better?
你喜欢哪一种蛋糕?
Oh, well, I like them both.But, um, if pressed, I would have to say that I prefer the dark.
两种我都喜欢 .如果一定要选的话.我会选深色的
Told ya.!
跟你说了吧
Bye-bye. - Bye.
再见 -再见
妙语佳句
Doubtless
adv.无疑地;确定地;多半
adj.无疑的;确定的
Some investment has doubtless been pulled in by special subsidies.
有些投资无疑地是通过特殊津贴的方式被吸入 。
------------------------------------------------------
Disperse (pt&pp.dispersed)
vt.& vi.(使)分散,(使)散开;散播,传布(如知识);使(光)色散;使粒子分散
adj.分散的
The event's organisers failed to disperse it.
活动组织者们也没能驱散人群 。
------------------------------------------------------
Discredit (pt&pp.discredited)
vt.使不可置信;使被怀疑;败坏…的名声;拒绝相信
n.丧失名誉,名声;不信,怀疑;败坏名声的人或事;耻辱
He says his accusers are trying to discredit government foreign-aid policies...
他说他的责难者试图使政府的对外援助政策名声扫地 。
------------------------------------------------------
By all means
当然可以;一定,务必;只管;百般
May I borrow your bicycle? By all means.
我能借你的自行车吗?当然可以 。
剧情百科
红酒的组成要素(一)
酸:葡萄酒的“骨架”之一
酸的来源:葡萄酒中的酸基本上都来源于酿酒葡萄本身,不过有些葡萄酒产区也允许在酿造葡萄酒的过程中人工加入酸 。葡萄在成熟的时候,糖分会逐渐升高,而酸度会逐渐降低,所以如果想要让最终得到的葡萄酒具有较好的酸度,就要谨慎地控制葡萄采摘时间 。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.But peace does not _____ only on israel.
但是和平也不仅仅依靠以色列就可实现 。
2.Within five years, any non-intentional damage will be repaired _____.
在五年之内,任何非故意的损失,我们都提供免费维修 。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.What he doubtless thought was sober realism now reads like understatement.
他当时肯定的是严肃的现实,但如今看来确是轻描淡写了 。
2.So by all means, let us blame the banks but not the bail-out.
所以,一定要谴责银行,而不要谴责救助行动 。