(单词翻译:单击)
Hey, Gary. Highliner, please. - You got it.
盖瑞.麻烦海兰诺红酒 -马上来
hat's on us. - Yes, indeed. Well, hey, guys. Do you mind?
我们请你 -你们好.你们介意我抽烟吗?
Oh, no, no, no. - You sure? - Please. Light up, light up.
不… - 确定吗? - 请抽
In fact, would you like to join us? - Sure.
你想不想坐过来? - 当然
So, how's that book coming, Miles? I think you were almost finished with it the last time we talked.
你的书写的怎么样了?麦斯.我们上次聊天的时候 你说快写完了
I finished it. - Good for you! Wow.
我写完了.太好了
It's getting published. That's, uh, actually why we're up here celebrating.
要出版了!那就是我们北上庆祝的原因
Well, congratulations. That's fantastic! - Yeah.Cheers. - Thanks.
恭喜,那实在太棒了.干杯 -谢谢
Are you a writer too?
你也是个作家吗?
No, Maya, I'm an actor.
不,犸雅,我是个演员
Really. What kind of stuff?
真的吗?演什么样的东西?
Mmm, a lot of TV. I used to be a regular on a couple of series.
很多电视 我是几个连续剧的固定演员
But lately it's been a lot of commercial work. Nationals, mostly.
最近我做得比较多的是广告工作.多数是全国性的
Anything I might know?
有什么是我知道的?
Perhaps. Do you recognize this? Now with a low, low 5.8% A.P.R. Financing!
也许有,你听得出来这个吗?.最低的百分之五点八的 借款利息
That's hilarious!You sound just like one of those guys. - Am one of those guys.
好好笑,你听起来好像广告中的人.我就是
You are not. - He is.
你不是. - 他是
Consult your doctor before using this product. Side effects may include oily discharge...
使用前请与您的医生讨论 副作用包括出油…
hives, loss of appetite, low blood pressure. If you have diabetes or a history of kidney trouble.you're dead, asshole!
疹子、没胃口、血压降低!若你有糖尿病或肾方面的问题 你死定了,白痴
So, what are you guys up to tonight?
你们两个今晚有什么活动?
Oh, we're pretty wiped. I think we're just gonna go back to the motel and crash.
我们感觉挺累的!我想我们就回汽车旅馆睡觉吧 。
Yeah, I guess it's kind of a long drive up here.
开车上来的确是满远的
Where are you staying?
你们住在哪里?
Uh, the Windmill. - Windmill.
风车旅馆 - 风车旅馆
妙语佳句
Pressure (pt&pp.pressured)
n.压(力);压力;气压(或血压)(的缩略形式);压(迫)感
vi.施加压力;迫使;使(机舱等)增压
The best way to treat such bleeding is to apply firm pressure.
治疗这种流血的最好方法就是牢牢将伤口压住 。
Even if I had the talent to play tennis I couldn't stand the pressure...
即使我有打网球的天赋,我也无法承受这种压力 。
The Government should not be pressured into making hasty decisions...
政府不应该迫于压力仓促作出决定 。
------------------------------------------------------
Decent
adj.正派的;得体的;(服装等)相称的,合宜的;相当好的
Nearby is a village with a decent pub...
附近的村子里有一家还不错的酒馆 。
The jury will see what a decent guy he is.
陪审团将会认识到他是一个多么正派的人 。
------------------------------------------------------
Enter for
报名参加
My parents pressed me to enter for the competition.
我父母竭力劝我报名参加这个比赛 。
剧情百科
贵腐酒
贵腐酒是源自匈牙利的一种很珍贵的甜葡萄酒,因利用附着于葡萄皮上被一种称之为“贵族霉”的作用酿制而成,故名“贵腐酒” 。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Purchasing-power destruction is much more _____ by the fed.
购买力损毁对美联储来说更为可取点 。
2.He was declared to _____ lack of evidence.
因为证据不足他被宣告无罪 。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.(Decent) valuations don't always spell instant success.
体面的估值并非总意味着会马上成功 。
2.He is anxious to (enter for) the competition.
他很想去参加比赛 。