《穿普拉达的女王》视听精讲第36期:“一笑泯恩仇”(end)
日期:2014-05-31 17:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Miranda Priestly's office.
马琳达.皮斯利办公室
Hey, Emily, it's Andy. Don't hang up. I have a favor to ask you.
嘿,艾米莉,我是安迪, 别挂,我想请你帮个小忙
You have a favor to ask of me?
你想请我帮个小忙?
Yeah. The thing is, I have all these clothes from Paris…
是啊,是这样的,我这里有一些巴黎来的衣服~~~
and I don't have any place to wear them…
我现在根本没机会穿~~~~
so I was wondering if you could take them off my hands.
所以我在想你可不可以,帮我处理这些衣服
Well, I don't know. It's a huge imposition.
这个,这不知道。这真有点强人所难
And I'll have to get them taken in. I mean, they'll drown me.
我还得把衣服拿去改小,你那些大号衣服能淹死我
But I suppose I could help you out. I will have Roy pick them up this afternoon.
不过也许可以帮帮你,我会让罗伊下午过去拿
Thanks, Em. I appreciate it. Good luck.
谢谢,感激不尽,祝你好运
You have some very large shoes to fill.
你有堆大鞋穿了
I hope you know that.
希望你能有听明白。

影视精讲


a favor 一个忙
Can you do me a favor?
你能帮我一个忙?
When an adult asks you for a favor, do it without grumbling and with a smile.
当有大人向你请求帮助时,不要抱怨,要带着微笑完成。

wonder if 不知道
I wonder if you even agree.
我不知道,你是否同意。
I wonder if this does justice to the book.
我想知道这样对这本书是否公平。

pick up v.捡起; (尤指偶然地、无意地、不费劲地)得到; 学会; 爬[站]起;
Where do I pick up my baggage?
我在哪里提取我的行李?
Can you pick up the apple for me?
你能帮我捡起那个苹果吗?

分享到