《穿普拉达的女王》视听精讲第2期:"女王"驾到
日期:2014-04-04 17:51

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Details of your incompetence do not interest me.
我对你无能的细节没兴趣
Tell Simone I'm not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the Brazilian layout.
告诉西蒙我不要她为巴西版选得女孩
I asked for clean, athletic, smiling. She sent me dirty, tired and paunchy.
我要的是干净,运动型,面带微笑的女孩。她挑的是肮脏,疲倦的肥婆
And R.S.V.P. Yes to the Michael Kors party.
回复麦克•克斯,我会去他的聚会
I want the driver to drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp.
我要司机9点30送到那里 9点45分再来接我
9:45 sharp. -Call Natalie at Glorious Foods, tell her no for the 40th time.
9点45分正点。打电话给‘光荣食品’的纳塔莉。说了40遍不行
No, I don't want dacquoise. I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote.
我不要杏仁蛋白饼。我要大黄水果蛋糕
Then call my ex-husband and remind him the parent-teacher conference is at Dalton tonight.
再打电话给我前夫,提醒他今晚的家长会在达尔顿
Then call my husband, ask him to meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Massimo.
打给我丈夫,让他在我和马西莫去过的地方碰面吃晚餐
Tell Richard I saw the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers…
告诉理查德我看过他送来的女伞兵的照片
and they're all so deeply unattractive.
他们实在太难看了
Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender female paratrooper?
就不能找个可人又苗条的女伞兵?
No. -Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really.
当然能-我能接触星辰吗?当然不可能
Also, I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's second cover try.
还有,我要看奈杰尔给格温妮丝挑的第二次封面试镜的衣服
I wonder if she's lost any of that weight yet. Who's that?
不知她瘦了多少。她是谁?
Nobody. Um, uh…
谁都不是,呃
Human Resources sent her up about the new assistant job, and I was preinterviewing her.
人力资源部送她来做助理,我刚给她面试
But she's hopeless and totally wrong for it.
她根本不行,完全不适应这里
Clearly I'm going to have to do that myself because the last two you sent me…
显然我要自己来选,你上两次选的人
were completely inadequate.
全都不合格
So send her in. That's all.
让她进来。就这样
Right.
好的

影视精讲


drop off 送下车
Where does the shuttle bus drop off passengers?
这趟车在哪下车?
pick up 接送
It's not safe to travel by standing at the road side hoping to be picked up by passing motorists.
旅行时站在路旁希望过路车捎带是不安全的。

reach for 触及
Before you reach for the cough syrup, try one of these natural remedies.
在你伸手拿咳嗽糖浆之前,试试这些天然疗法的其中之一吧。

lose weight 减肥
Lose weight to improve your health and your finances.
减肥来改善你的健康和财务情况吧。

分享到
重点单词
  • inadequateadj. 不充分的,不适当的
  • slenderadj. 细长的,苗条的,微薄的,少量的
  • approvev. 批准,赞成,同意,称许
  • rhubarbn. 大黄,大黄的叶柄,调味液之一种 n. 喧哗,吵闹
  • unattractiveadj. 不吸引人注意的;没有魅力的;不美丽的
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • incompetencen. 无能力,不合格,不能胜任
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • athleticadj. 运动的,活跃的,健壮的