《穿普拉达的女王》视听精讲第32期:职场风云突变
日期:2014-05-24 09:18

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


For 72 years, Runway has been more than a magazine.
七十二年以来,天桥不只是一本杂志
It has been a beacon of elegance and grace.
更是指引优雅与格调的明灯
Miranda Priestly is the finest possible guardian of that beacon…setting a standard that inspires people across the globe.
马琳达.皮斯利无疑是,这盏明灯最佳守护者~~~她所创立的时尚标准,激励着全球的时尚人士
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Miranda Priestly.
女士们,先生们,容我请出马琳达.皮斯利
Thank you, my dear friend.
谢谢你,我亲爱的朋友
Bonjour.
大家好
Thank you very much for coming today… to help celebrate our dear friend, James Holt.
非常感谢各位今天的出席~~~共同为我们的朋友詹姆斯.浩特庆祝
But before I talk to you aboutJames… and his many accomplishments…
但在我为大家介绍詹姆斯~~和他取得的成就之前~~~
I would like first to share some news with you.
我想首先与大家分享一个消息
Um, as many of you know…
正如大部分人所知~~~
uh, recently Massimo Corteleoni…has agreed to finance the expansion of theJames Holt label…
最近马西莫.科特利让内~~决定为詹姆斯.浩特这个品牌注资~~~
transforming the work of this visionary artist…into a global brand, which is really an exciting enterprise.
将这位富于创造灵感的艺术家的作品~~~转变成一个全球品牌,一个振奋人心的产业
Runway and James Holt share many things in common…chief among them, a commitment to excellence.
天桥与詹姆斯.浩特有着许多的共同之处~~~ 最重要的是,都拥有对达到完美卓越的渴望
And so, it should come as no surprise that when the time came…for James to choose the new president of James Holt International…
所以,一旦时机成熟,我们也会不出意料的发现~~~詹姆斯在为詹姆斯.浩特国际公司挑选主管时~~~
he chose from within the Runway family.
他选择的是天桥的一员
And it's my great happiness today…to announce to you all that that person…
今天我最大的荣幸是~~~向诸位宣布这位主管是~~~~
is my friend and longtime esteemed colleague…Jacqueline Follet.
我的朋友,备受尊敬的同事杰奎琳.芙蕾。

影视精讲


more than不只是; 很; 超过; 在…次以上
That is more than I can understand .
那非我所能懂的.
He is more careful than the others.
他比其他人更仔细。

share with 与…分享
It's an incredible experience and one that we try to share with as many folks as possible.
我们尽可能的邀请更多的人一起分享,对于他们来说这是无比美妙的经历。

announce to you 告诉你
And that I announce to you, my flne fellows!
我告诉你们这些,我的傻小子们!
To announce to you all that that person.
来向大家宣布这个人选。

esteemed
adj.<书>受人尊敬的;
v.尊敬( esteem的过去式和过去分词 ); 敬重; 认为; 以为;
In addition he was an esteemed poet, with a sideline in witty, mischievous verse.
同时,他身兼一名受人尊敬的诗人,业余写些诙谐俏皮的小诗。

分享到
重点单词
  • excellencen. 优秀,卓越,优点
  • brandn. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记 vt. 打烙印,铭刻,加污
  • celebratev. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬
  • elegancen. 高雅,典雅,优雅,简洁 n. 雅致的物品
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • mischievousadj. 调皮的,恶作剧的,有害的,伤人的
  • globaladj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的
  • esteemn. 尊敬 vt. 认为,尊敬
  • guardiann. 保护人,监护人
  • commitmentn. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行