《穿普拉达的女王》视听精讲第16期:宛若女王的独断
日期:2014-04-27 20:17

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Emily?
艾米莉?
Call James Holt's office. Tell them I want to move the preview up to today at 12:30.
给詹姆斯?浩特办公室打电话,说预展提前到今天12点30
Tell everybody else. Be ready to leave in half an hour.
告诉大家,半小时内准备好
But we're not expected until Tuesday. Did she say why?
但那应该在周二,她说为什么了吗?
Yes. Yeah, she explained every detail of her decision making.
是的,关于她的决定,她解释了所有的细节
And then we brushed each other's hair and gabbed about American Idol.
然后我们互相给对方梳头,向美国偶像一样说话
I see your point.
我懂你的意思了
what's a preview anyway? -Good morning, Miranda.
预展到底是什么?-早上好,马琳达
Miranda insists upon seeing all the designers'collections…before they show them.
马琳达坚持要求在会展前看所有设计师的作品
Great to see you. -Hello, James.
很高兴见到你 -你好,詹姆斯
And she tells them what she thinks? -[Nigel] In her way.
然后她把想法告诉对方? -用她特殊的方式
Uh, this season really began for me with a meditation…on the intersection between East and west.
这季度的设计理念起源于我对东西风格合并的构想
There's a scale. One nod is good. Two nods is very good.
有个判定的方法,点一次是好,点两次是非常好
There's only been one actual smile on record, and that was Tom Ford in 2001.
唯一一次微笑记录实在2001年的汤姆?福特展上
An obi belt.
和服腰带
She doesn't like it, she shakes her head.
如果不喜欢,他就摇头
This is the dress that we have designed specifically and exclusively for you.
这是我们特地精心为您设计的晚装
Then, of course, there's the pursing of the lips.
当然,如果她紧闭嘴唇
Which means?
意思是?
Catastrophe.
大灾难
Just, uh… Just go.
走,快走
I just don't understand. I'm appalled. -It's absurd. Appalled.
我就是不明白,太可怕了。荒谬,还有可怕
You deal with it. -I'll talk to him.
你来解决。 我会跟他谈的
So because she pursed her lips, he's gonna change his entire collection?
就因为她紧闭嘴唇,他就要更换所有的设计?
You still don't get it, do you?
你还是不明白,是不是?
Her opinion is the only one that matters.
她的观点才是最重要的

影视精讲


I see your point.
我懂你的意思了

insist upon 坚持
In complex world, to insist upon simplisity is foolish.
在一个复杂的世界上,坚持单纯是愚蠢的。
Christians insist upon only one incarnation.
基督教徒坚持认为神灵化作人形只有一次。

Catastrophe 灾难
This way lies a catastrophe.
这条路会带来灾难。

Appalled 震惊的
He looks appalled, as if I've tried to assault him.
他那样子显得很惊骇,仿佛我试图袭击他。

分享到
重点单词
  • previewn. 预审,查阅,预习,预告 vt. 事先查看,查阅,预
  • absurdadj. 荒唐的 n. 荒唐
  • meditationn. 沉思,冥想
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登
  • collectionn. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐
  • assaultn. 攻击,突袭 vt. 袭击,突袭
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • exclusivelyadv. 排他地(独占地,专门地,仅仅,只)
  • catastrophen. 大灾难,大祸,彻底失败