听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第40期:老同学巧遇
日期:2013-01-30 22:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Maybe I was never supposed to.  
或者我不应该追查。  
Maybe all this is just a maze...
或者追查下去,只会徒劳无功。  
designed to lead me directly back to where I started.  
只会证实一点。  
Which is getting married.
那就是我应该结婚。 
Halley? Oh, my God. Eve!
希莉?噢,天啊!依芙!  
What a crazy coincidence! How are you?
太巧了,你好吗?
Good. Oh, my God. Sara, can you believe...
好啊,想不到啊。  
that I was Halley's R.A. in college?
大学时代我和希莉住同一宿舍。  
Isn't that funny? Oh, I'm sorry. This is Sara.
你说多巧?这位是莎拉。
Hi. Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you too.
幸会。幸会。  
Oh, my gosh. What's it been, like eight or nine years?
没见了多久?八、九年?  
Eve was, uh...I went to B.U. with Eve.
我们是波士顿大学同学。
Well, isn't that wonderful? Yeah. How about that?
太好了。  
So what are you doing here?
你在这里做什么? 
I'm getting married tomorrow. You are? Congratulations.
我明天就要结婚,是吗?恭喜恭喜.
Congratulations. Wow!
恭喜你们 
Thanks. In this hotel?
在这酒店?  
Yeah, at noon. We're going to rehearsal. Why don't you come watch?
中午,现在去彩排,来看嘛。
Why don't you go? Okay, sure. I would love to come and watch.
你去看吧?好啊。

妙语佳句
1.designed to
旨在;目的在于
The houses were designed to blend with the foliage.
那些房屋设计得与绿叶很协调。
2.coincidence
n. 巧合;一致;同时发生
And when you add these two up, you have an amazing coincidence that we have discussed before.
如果你加上这两个,会发现以前我们讨论过的,惊人的巧合。
3.get married
结婚;成婚;完婚
If a couple has had everything when they get married, what should they expect in the future?
如果一对夫妇在结婚时拥有了一切,那他们对未来还有什么期待呢?
4.rehearsal
n. 排演;预演;练习;训练;叙述
As president of English Club, I organized the rehearsal of Snow White for an English party.
作为英语俱乐部的主席,我为英语晚会组织排演了《白雪公主》短剧。  
上期答案
1.We're supposed to pull the curtain and see the wizard
2.If you don't do this, you may never find out who Sara is.

分享到
重点单词
  • blendv. 混合 n. 混合物
  • rehearsaln. 排练,彩排
  • organizedv. 组织
  • curtainn. 窗帘,门帘,幕(布) vt. (用帘)装饰,(以帘
  • coincidencen. 巧合,同时发生