听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第04期:迷上人家的女友?
日期:2012-11-14 16:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Mm-hmm. It was a very nice time.
今晚很愉快。 
Well, I hope you enjoy the gloves you bought yourself. Oh, I'm sure I will.
希望你满意对手套,一定满意。  
I usually appreciate my own thoughtfulness. What do you want for Christmas?
我通常满意自己心思,你自己要什么礼物? 
Golf clubs.Oh.
高尔夫球棍。  
No, I think he's probably out doing what you're doing.
不是,他可能在做你所做的事。  
So you're gonna meet your boyfriend now or what?
现在去见男友?  
Getting a crush on someone else's girlfriend?
迷上人家的女友?  
No, I'm sorry. I just meant to say I had a really great time.
对不起,我意思是今晚很开心。  
You know, maybe you should give me your phone number, you know, just in case.
给你电话来好吗?以防万一。 
In case of what? - You know, in case of life.
万一什么? 万一再见不到你。  
I just had a great time, and I'd never be able to find you again.
相处得这样愉快,我希望能再见。  
Well, if we're meant to meet again, then we'll meet again.
有缘千里能相会。  
It's just not the right time now.
目前时间不合。  
Maybe we were supposed to meet on British time and we're five hours too early.
可以改用英国时间,我们还有五个小时。
Come on. I don't even know your name. My name is Jonathan.
连你叫什么我都不知道,我叫庄纳顿。 
Does that make you wanna tell me something? Yeah, it does.  
你没有回应?有回应啊。  
Merry Christmas, Jonathan. And thanks.
圣诞快乐,庄纳顿,谢谢你。  
That's it?
这样就算?  
Oh, Jesus, I'm sorry about that.
不好意思,对不起。

妙语佳句
1.thoughtfulness
n. 体贴;思虑
It means you need to nourish your marriage with thoughtfulness for the other’s needs, find time together and sometimes even time apart.
你还需要通过对对方的需要的体贴来滋养婚姻,找时间待在一起,有时甚至时间不是连续的。
2.get a crush on
迷恋;堕入情网
It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone,an hour to like someone,and a day to love someone- but it takes a time to forget someone.
迷上某人只需一分钟,喜欢上某人需要一小时,爱上某人则要一天,然而,忘记某人却是一辈子的事情。
3.in case of
万一;如果发生;假设
This is why in case of an air plane emergency they tell you to put the air mask on yourself first and then on your children.
这就是为什么在飞机上出现紧急情况时,他们首先告诉你把空气面具戴在自己脸上,然后才是你的孩子。
4.be supposed to
应该;被期望;理应
It would be absurd that, while in estimating all other things quality is considered as well as quantity, the estimation of pleasure should be supposed to depend on quantity alone.
在评价其他所有事物时一并考虑质量和数量,而评价快乐时却只依赖数量,这样的做法将会是荒诞的。
5.be meant to do
应做;照道理,照规矩应该做
These features are not meant to be exhaustive and nor do they necessarily capture what is most important for any given individual.
这些特征并非包罗万象,也不一定抓住了对任何个人来说最重要的东西。
考考你
翻译
1.希望你满意对手套。  
2.可以改用英国时间,我们还有五个小时。
上期答案
1.It's how we read the signs that determines whether we're happy or not.
2.He runs into a beautiful, attractive English girl with a boyfriend.

分享到
重点单词
  • attractiveadj. 有吸引力的,引起注意的
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • quantityn. 量,数量,大量
  • crushv. 压碎,碾碎,压榨 n. 压碎,压榨,拥挤,迷恋
  • capturevt. 捕获,俘获,夺取,占领,迷住,(用照片等)留存
  • maskn. 面具,面罩,伪装 v. 戴面具,掩饰,遮盖
  • absurdadj. 荒唐的 n. 荒唐
  • exhaustiveadj. 无遗漏的,彻底的,详尽的