听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第16期:疑神疑鬼
日期:2012-12-13 18:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Forget Charles Street. Take me to the New York Times building on 42nd, please.
不去查理街,改去纽约时报大厦。
I'm telling you, I keep running into her.
我不断碰到她。  
I keep finding it. It keeps happening.
不断碰到。
She was at the golf range.  
她在高球练习场。
She's a big girl now with big hips. All right?
她是个肥妹。  
Then I gotta leave 'cause Sara's gonna cut my hair,
去剪发,理发师是莎拉。  
And the guy in the taxi, he's serenading me, "Sara."
搭的士,有人唱莎拉情歌。  
I'm telling you, the universe keeps revealing her to me screwing with my head.
她无处不在,搞到我失魂落魄。
You're getting married in three days. 
你三天后即将结婚。
That's my point. It's entirely duplicitous.
那才邪门!不要疑神疑鬼。  
Think about it. Why would you risk your relationship with Halley...
破坏自己的婚事,不值啊。
just to search for some pipe dream? Just hear me out, man.  
听我解释吧。  
And maybe every time you fall in love with somebody,  
每当你爱上某人时。
I'm sure that I love Halley, all right?
我真心爱希莉,我明白到。  
it's a completely different experience.
每段情史都完全不同。  
So it's a mistake to compare them. I get it, but...
所以不可以比较。  
All right.  
好吧。
It's like Halley is The Godfather, Part ll.
希莉就像“教父第二集”。

妙语佳句
1.keep doing
一直做某事;继续做某事
But let's keep doing something we really like and be prepared for any opportunity that may occur in the future.
但让我们坚持做一些自己真正喜欢的事情,准备好抓住一切未来有可能降临的机会。
2.serenade
n. 小夜曲
vt. 为…唱小夜曲
vi. 唱小夜曲
He used to upset me by leaving the stove on or by serenading the entire neighborhood with music from the "No Limit Family. ""
他时常让我觉得心烦意乱,他要么忘了关炉子,要么晚上大声唱《无限家园》,吵的所有邻居都睡不了觉。
3.duplicitous
adj. 奸诈的;双重的;搞两面派的
Where WikiLeaks does reveal a gap between America's public statements and private discussions, it tends to be because US representatives are being diplomatic rather than duplicitous.
维基解密的确揭示出,美国的公开声明与私下言论有时存在差异,但那往往是美国代表在施展外交手腕,而不是耍两面派。
4.fall in love with sb
坠入爱河;爱上某人
To you , Just for one reason, I fall in love with sb so much.
写信给你,只有一个原因,我深深爱上某人。
5.hear sb out
听某人把话讲完,把某人要讲的话听完
Be sure to hear out your manager fully, before saying anything.
在发言之前,你要确保自己已经完整地听取了主管的发言。
考考你
翻译
1.她无处不在,搞到我失魂落魄。   
2.你三天后即将结婚。
上期答案
1.Could you come back and get the B-roll on Friday?
2.You're down at position number two.  

分享到
重点单词
  • duplicitousadj. 奸诈的;双重的;搞两面派的
  • revealvt. 显示,透露 n. (外墙与门或窗之间的)窗侧,门
  • stoven. 炉子,火炉窑;烘房;【主英】温室
  • rangen. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列 v. 排列,归类于
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • diplomaticadj. 外交的,古字体的,老练的
  • revealingadj. 有启迪作用的,透露内情的,袒露身体的 动词re
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱