听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第22期:推销妙法
日期:2012-12-22 19:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Lovely choice, sir. Thank you.
够眼光,先生。谢谢。 
Account number was 029351
帐户号码是029351。  
I thought you said you were gonna help with my weekly draw.  
还以为你想帮我做够营业额。  
The tie's worth $95. We're still 700 short.
领带值95块,我还欠700。
$700? That's extortion.
700块?那是乘人之危。  
That's good salesmanship, sir.
那是推销妙法。  
What do I need?
要我买什么?  
Ring it up. 
即管说。
Well, we have a purple tie. What would go with a purple tie? Mm-hmm.
紫领带…应该配衬什么?  
I look like a magician.
我像个魔术师。  
All right, you horrible little man.
好吧,你这可恶小人。  
I bought the entire spring line. Okay, you happy?
我买了全套春装,满意未? 
Now, look her up. I already did.
查查她姓什么吧。查过。  
It was a dead account. There's no information in our computers.
帐户已经取消,电脑里没有资料。 
You give me that? Hey, chase me.
给我?追我吧。
Chase you? What? Are you insane? Don't cross the line!
追你?发神经吗?  
You crossed the line! Stop saying that or I will cut you!
你过了界。再说过界就砌你!  
Now, you better find a way to help me right now!
你最好帮我。立即帮!
I can suggest another option. Suggest it fast.
还有办法。快说。  
When our customers apply for a credit card,
信用卡单据副本存放在。  
the hard copies go to our storage facility in Queens.
我们在昆士区的货仓内。  
All you need is the account number, which you already have,
凭帐号就可以查到她的资料。  
and you can find her application.
不过,要雇员陪同才可以进去。
However, you need an employee to get you in.You need an employee to get you in.
你要雇员陪同才可以进入货仓内。  

妙语佳句
1.extortion
n. 勒索;敲诈;强夺;被勒索的财物
The bad news was that this supply route is also fraught with pitfalls, from arduous delays to bribes and extortion.
坏消息是这条补给线路同样充满了陷阱,包括艰难运输造成的延误以及贿赂、勒索等。
2.salesmanship
n. 推销;推销术;游说术
The government is hoping that its revved-up salesmanship will persuade more foreign firms and consumers to buy British, fostering an export-led recovery.
英国政府希望,跃跃欲试的公司推销术能够说服更多的外国公司和消费者购买英国产品,进而带动出口,推动经济复苏。
3.ring up
打电话;把款项记入现金进出记录机
Did a girl called Gao Hong ring up for me this morning?
今早有个叫高红的女孩给我打电话了吗?
4.purple
adj. 紫色的;帝王的;华而不实的
n. 紫色;紫袍
vi. 变成紫色
vt. 使成紫色
She had a purple dress on with a silver-white necklace.
她穿着一条紫色的连衣裙配着一条银白色的项链。
5.apply for
申请,请求
The suspect did not apply for bail and was remanded to appear at Melbourne magistrates court on Monday.
嫌犯没有请求保释,目前被羁押并将接受周一在墨尔本地方法院的庭审。
考考你
翻译
1.还以为你想帮我做够营业额。
2.紫领带…应该配衬什么?
上期答案
1.You cannot come over to this side of the counter.
2.All I really need is if you can enter this account number in the computer and just tell me her name. 

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • countern. 计算器,计算者,柜台 [计算机] 计数器 adj.
  • supplyn. 补给,供给,供应,贮备 vt. 补给,供给,提供,
  • employeen. 雇员
  • bailn. 杓,保释,保证金,担保人,把手 vt. 往外舀水,
  • recoveryn. 恢复,复原,痊愈
  • fraughtn. [苏格兰]货物 vt. 装货 adj. 充满的,伴
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • arduousadj. 费力的,辛勤的,险峻的
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说